Hallelujah Brudder - Press Conferences

And about time too, well overdue and I would like to think alot of other users also think so.

I've been waiting for this for 2 editions of the great game. You buy a decent player and when he lands at your club, there is a press conference, sort of like a meet & greet with the media. Love it, also I think more enphasis on the pending Fitness Test that all players generally undertake before the deal is signed off on.

What are other peoples thoughts on this new feature ?

It's a fantastic edition and works wonder for the teams morale as well. I bought Philippe Mexes to Man City and straight away the media were stating the they were shocked a player like Mexes joined Man City. I am very much enjoying this game and I can't wait for the full version. Without a shadow of a doubt this has to be the best FM to date.

funny you say that, we all say that every 12 months, it's like we've recorded it on tape, pressed play around the same time every year

Well yes and no, for me this is the best version so far because it the new improved "everything" took me by surprise, last years improvements were good but the tactics was awful, now it's easy to set up your players by clicking on them on the tactics screen and setting everything according to their stats which is wonderful.

The match engine was improved for a better view and use, the press conference was improved, the backroom advice is absolutely genius idea now you get some very useful ideas from your staff which makes the game more and more realistic, as in real life coaches spend more time with players closely monitoring them so if one of them comes to you saying player x needs to learn move y then it's normal and makes your life easier in fm :D

The thing i find is that you get a press conference even if the player is small. Like I bought Boltons sub keeper for arsenal yet still got a press conference.

You can choose to decline it though can't you?

With Wigan I bought Thomas Kristensen for 875K and the media were stating it as a coup. Whatever that means :confused:

Can someone explain please?

The thing i find is that you get a press conference even if the player is small. Like I bought Boltons sub keeper for arsenal yet still got a press conference.

You do get the option to turn it down. I'd only bother if you've made a big signing!

Also though it's not available for loan signings - little annoying as I've just landed van der Vaart.

Archived