Dual Nationality / Playing for an adopted country

I think I am right in saying that FM09 it was up to the game if a player applied for a new passport when eligible and if he chose to make himself available for his new adopted country. We had no influence on this.

In FM10 is it possible to -

a) ask a player to apply for new nationality/passport when eligible?

b) ask a player to represent (if you are the national manager) their newly adopted country rather than waiting for them to decide?

c) ask a player if he would be willing to represent new nation when eligible in the future (up to a couple of years before eligible)?

If not in the new version is this something in the pipeline for the future?

I've always fancied the idea of being a national manager of a country with a 2yr residency policy and raiding various countries for possible talent.

• 3 months later...

Yeah based on this thread. I was wondering whether it is possible for players to change their minds for which nation they play for once declared. Due to new FIFA laws it is possible at any age to play for a youth international team e.g. France U21 and if never picked for France National team, the player could switch nations and be able to be called up by the other dual nation e.g Algeria.

Is this possible? Just wondering for players like Sunny who has been capped for Spain U21 but may never play for Spain again and therefore able to swap nations to play for Nigeria. This situation has happened in real life to other players.

http://football.uk.reuters.com/world/news/L3177353.php

Also is there a possibility to what Timmi has said from happening? I think that is a pretty good idea.

Yeah based on this thread. I was wondering whether it is possible for players to change their minds for which nation they play for once declared. Due to new FIFA laws it is possible at any age to play for a youth international team e.g. France U21 and if never picked for France National team, the player could switch nations and be able to be called up by the other dual nation e.g Algeria.

Is this possible? Just wondering for players like Sunny who has been capped for Spain U21 but may never play for Spain again and therefore able to swap nations to play for Nigeria. This situation has happened in real life to other players.

http://football.uk.reuters.com/world/news/L3177353.php

Also is there a possibility to what Timmi has said from happening? I think that is a pretty good idea.

If a player already has dual nationality and not declared yet, in FM it is possible to call him up to the senior squad even if he already has U21 caps for the other country.

Archived