Continue, Continue, Play Match, Continue, Continue.

Booooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrring.

Simply put there is still no depth to this game. Fine back in the day when this game first hit the market, but surely by now there should be more to do than press continue?

Training is still a bust, yet should be one of the most important features in a game that promises "realism" day to day activities are still a no show and unless you have £50M+ to spend on players, continue is going to be the icon you click on more than anything else.

I started as West Ham and after 6 games i'm W 4 D 1 L 1 and 4th in the table, yet all i have done is literally pressed continue and sped through the matches in usual form using an updated FM2009 tactic that the ME still cannot seem to cope with?

I'm pretty sure i'll manage to finish in the top six despite having a squad full of players who stat wise would look more at home struggling against the likes of Darlington and such and playing each game in fast forward without nary a tactic switch or tweak in sight.

After just two friendlies i realised that pressing to view the injury table meant looking at the days results instead AND that two of my injured players were not deemed worthy enough of actually making our injury list despite being key players in the squad?

I dont see what this game has to offer apart from a couple of months working out(or finding out in the forums) what actually works and what is just dressing? but from early signs there is nothing to suggest that despite promises to the contrary, this game is little more than the usual find a tactic and press continue game that it has been for as long as i can remember.

Hammer, I can only disagree with you this time. I'm immersed in this version and really enjoying it so far. Cannot for the life of me wait for the full version :D

Sounds to me like you're just bored with the Football Managing genre altogether mate.

Hammer, I can only disagree with you this time. I'm immersed in this version and really enjoying it so far. Cannot for the life of me wait for the full version :D

Sounds to me like you're just bored with the Football Managing genre altogether mate.

Just bored with having nothing to do but press continue, you hear so many promises of such an in-depth game that requires a certain skill and panache, yet you end up with the same old tired responses that leaves little to the imagination.

For every new feature its like "guess what this does?" and then act accordingly and within minutes "hey presto" i know what to say and what to do now every time.

I'm six games into the demo, penniless and lacking a team that according to the researchers should be playing lower league football, yet i'll be topping the EPL in just two or three seasons.

Maybe i should go play "Space Invaders" on the old Atari and that will give me some kind of a challenge?

In regards to training I agree and there have been a few threads about training in recent weeks that are worth reading! I been playin for many hours and have only played two games!!! Surely the new tactics, scouting the next generation of players etc takes time and is enjoyable. If you just buy players then play a match then paly a match and so on then maybe it will become a bit boring. Being a manager involves all the different aspects from sorting out training, scouting, to small things like tutoring and preffered moves etc. This all takes time and for me undertaking in all the different aspects of the game makes it more enjoyable! I've read people playing the six months straight away which is fair enough, but for me it takes time and effort to really appreciate a game! :)

Is that not what managment games are about, Picking teams, Signing new players, Sorting out your tactics, Trying to acheive your goal and do better the next season try and attract better players and move the club forward and prove you can do what your manager can't do in real life.

It's simple but fulfilling thats what i love about manager games.

I have to disagree with you too, I think FM10 is really good so far, First time i have loved a FM game this much since the old CM days, Really am impressed and enthralled in the game.

You watch the matches on full speed no wonder your bored, Try watching the match and seeing how your players play. I disagree about it being too easy, Try tweaking a new tactic for FM10 instead of using your old one from FM09, Then it also gives you a reason to watch your match a bit slower so you can see whats going on and see where it needs changing .. etc.

I dont see what this game has to offer apart from a couple of months working out(or finding out in the forums) what actually works and what is just dressing?

Don't use the forums then to see what works, Try exploring the game on your own, Scouting for your own players and creating your own tactics. You might enjoy it more then.

If you want more detailed stuff to do like Pick your own advertising boardings, Set your own ticket prices, Build and design your own new stadium, Build your teams own megastore, Be a player manager... Buy Premier manager or Fifa manager or something. Im happy enough with Football Manager 2010 :D

Booooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrring.

Simply put there is still no depth to this game. Fine back in the day when this game first hit the market, but surely by now there should be more to do than press continue?

Training is still a bust, yet should be one of the most important features in a game that promises "realism" day to day activities are still a no show and unless you have £50M+ to spend on players, continue is going to be the icon you click on more than anything else.

I started as West Ham and after 6 games i'm W 4 D 1 L 1 and 4th in the table, yet all i have done is literally pressed continue and sped through the matches in usual form using an updated FM2009 tactic that the ME still cannot seem to cope with?

I'm pretty sure i'll manage to finish in the top six despite having a squad full of players who stat wise would look more at home struggling against the likes of Darlington and such and playing each game in fast forward without nary a tactic switch or tweak in sight.

After just two friendlies i realised that pressing to view the injury table meant looking at the days results instead AND that two of my injured players were not deemed worthy enough of actually making our injury list despite being key players in the squad?

I dont see what this game has to offer apart from a couple of months working out(or finding out in the forums) what actually works and what is just dressing? but from early signs there is nothing to suggest that despite promises to the contrary, this game is little more than the usual find a tactic and press continue game that it has been for as long as i can remember.

Just bored with having nothing to do but press continue, you hear so many promises of such an in-depth game that requires a certain skill and panache, yet you end up with the same old tired responses that leaves little to the imagination.

For every new feature its like "guess what this does?" and then act accordingly and within minutes "hey presto" i know what to say and what to do now every time.

I'm six games into the demo, penniless and lacking a team that according to the researchers should be playing lower league football, yet i'll be topping the EPL in just two or three seasons.

Maybe i should go play "Space Invaders" on the old Atari and that will give me some kind of a challenge?

what a complete tosspot

I finally got it downloaded and I have to say I'm liking it, but I seem to be having a problem.

I'm trying to get my team to play with a playmaker and target man, but when I tick the boxes during the match and choose the players I want I can't seem to click the confirm button.

Am I missing something?

I finally got it downloaded and I have to say I'm liking it, but I seem to be having a problem.

I'm trying to get my team to play with a playmaker and target man, but when I tick the boxes during the match and choose the players I want I can't seem to click the confirm button.

Am I missing something?

Happened to me once, but only during a match, had no problems with in the tactics screen if im not in a match

Happened to me once, but only during a match, had no problems with in the tactics screen if im not in a match

Yeah same here no problem with the tactics screen.

Might be something they're looking at or want to look at. Got around it by making another simple tactical change to get it to recognize this change.

Good game though.

The only thing that could be better is the pitch display in the tactics page. The way it kind of floats there and the plain background, I don't know.. Probably wouldn't care if they did change it though so...

I have to disagree with the OP. I have found that the last couple of FM's have failed to hold my attention for very long, unlike previous version where i would play continually. I downloaded the demo (vanilla version) yeserday and have only played for about 2 hours real time and absolutely love the game so far.

I love the new tactics creator, the new GUI and the speed of the game. My only gripe is that it comes out on 30th october and i will be on holiday at that point for a week so will have to wait till i play the full game.

LOL what a weird thread in fm10 its even more fun the FM 09 so hammer is saying that fm09 was boring as well and no you don't always continue.and continue and continue.

Its the demo you wont be doing transfers and staff ect and training and all them stuff on the demo. Cause you know its only for 6 months but the full game it will be fun and you can do lots of stuff.

P.S make FM2010 harder!!!! :( its to easy even more easier then 09 and if its to easy. It wont be fun and get boring)

Didnt somone crete a post on FM09 saying it took ages to complete a whole season and wanted it speeded up abit? basically they said exact opposite to you so i guess its just matter of opinion.

hehe that was me!! i love the new speedy feature, means i can play more than 5 games in 4 hours :D

i love this new version.. its how managing games should be..

@ thread starter... if you want realism and to take charge of training.. become a manager of a sunday league team and then u can do all the training you want.

Hammer, you wasted hours of our lives with interminably negative posts about FM09 in the tactics forum; now you're up for trashing FM10 before it's even out. Do us all a favour and leave FM10 well alone. Make oyurself miserable with some other game and troll their forum.

Well said...

I really think that anyone who doesn't like FM10 or can't get "into" it simply shouldn't buy any more manager sims. I mean, it's their money, they can do what they like, but I don't "get into" shoot em ups or driving games (or any console game except bowling and on the Wii) so I don't buy them.

I have never seen an FM demo released with so few bugs, which is testament to SI and those who tested it (yes, me included). Some will slip through, naturally, and some have an attempted fix that failed (Stephen Carr the obvious one, although that's data rather than a bug) but overall FM10 is a triumph for everyone - manufacturers and fans.

Except, that is, for those who will never, ever be satisfied. I'm not just having a go at Hammer here, there are other threads venting their predisposed gripes. But specifically to Hammer's complaint, I must be looking at a different game. It comes down, I think, to how much you choose to engage in your team. Continue, watch match on fastest speed, continue -- of COURSE it will be dull. That's never been the be all and end all of FM.

Monitoring your reserves/youth teams' progress, checking on loan players, scouting countries in-depth and looking at those players yourself, and so on and so on. Perhaps you are waiting for the entertainment to come to you. Perhaps you need to put a little effort into actively playing the game and using the features and world available. Takes too long? Tough. I work full time, and the game takes me ages to get through a season, sometimes as long as a week or even two depending on how busy my weekend gets, but because I take the time to get immersed in the game I get a huge amount of enjoyment out of it.

A specific question: what would you like to see in between games that would increase enjoyment?

Player meetings? Wouldn't that get a little repetitive after a while?

Attend board meeting? Ditto.

One-on-one with the chairman? Ditto #2

MORE press conferences?

Taking a full training session in 3D? Personally, I'd find it fun at first, but a little dull after a while.

A private meeting with a player? I'd like this one, yes, but to use sparingly or discipline/confidence/morale issues.

Moving away from Hammer for a moment, I think those complaining are in a tiny, tiny minority. Those who can never be convinced the injury bug was in their heads/their training schedule, those who can't be convinced the AI doesn't cheat, those who believe Man U should always beat Burnley, those who think they should be able to sign Aguero for £20million or Messi for £35million in the first transfer window, or that £10million is an unfair quote from a Championship club that doesn't want to lose their star player... they won't ever be fully satisfied with any FM unless it is designed BY them FOR their wants/desires.

FM can be played casually or it can be played fanatically. There are plenty of things to be getting on with. I'm usually trying to build up my youth team, get a more than decent staff together. Empire building is not easy. To suggest the game is nothing more than hitting continue is borderline ridiculous. That's like fast-forwarding a movie to get to the end just to say you've seen it.

Ironically, I'm only mucking around with the demo at the moment as I don't like to get too involved until the full release. It can take my up to 3 hours or so to go anywhere near the continue button when I start my first game proper - there's so much to get sorted from the off.

URBANJUNKIE im so like you mate, can take me 1-2 hours to press continue, HAMMER obviously isnt interested in scouting etc, maybe if HAMMER were to go watch games on fm10 rather than scout reports he might find it bit more interesting than continue, continue.

Or take charge of his reserves as well, and tinker with your squad a bit

• SI Staff
LOL what a weird thread in fm10 its even more fun the FM 09 so hammer is saying that fm09 was boring as well and no you don't always continue.and continue and continue.

Its the demo you wont be doing transfers and staff ect and training and all them stuff on the demo. Cause you know its only for 6 months but the full game it will be fun and you can do lots of stuff.

P.S make FM2010 harder!!!! :( its to easy even more easier then 09 and if its to easy. It wont be fun and get boring)

What areas to you think are too easy? Tactical? Transfers?

I think it's a big success if they managed to polish the game from 09, there were so many things that needed to be fixed in almost every department of the game! These 'couple' of new features also look fine, Tactic Creator is a huge step forward, that's what most of us wanted, to have tactics sorted first. FM10 is even bigger step forward for AI. Football games look more logical, ME's defenetly improved... Of course there are things which still don't seem to be sorted out unfortunatly.

Training, prepering your team for next match, man managment, more interaction etc. are all things that this game lacks now. We should excpect these features in near future, I'm sure. But I think SI decided well first to fix the game before moving on with features.

Having said all that, I'm sure I wouldn't like to watch my team practising Pig in the midle on training sessions and things like that, that's for Fifa. My biggest enjoyment will always be watching my matches. And if all the other aspects of game work fine then it's a good game.

I'm playing as Wokington in the BSS and not finding it easy. I really need to get to grips with the new tactics as i lost 3-0 to my reserves in pre season lol.

haha what a joke, better change your tactics matey...

p.s i cant hide it, i did too arrrrrrr ;)

The game is absoluetly perfect... except that its too easy. I sped through the first 5 games of the season, asking my Assistant Manager to pick teams and not even touching the tactics (just to have a quick look at what happens as the game progresses), and my Tottenham team won every game comfortable without conceding a goal. I know tottenham are a decent side, but no side should be able to win 3-0 by literally just turning up.

What areas to you think are too easy? Tactical? Transfers?

:eek:

He doesn't think any of the game is too easy. He thinks it's all perfectly balanced, in fact.

Now Paul... slowly step away from the computer and leave the game alone. Ok? :mad:

;)

Hammer1000, how can you say the game is only "continue, continue..." and easy when you are saying you are playing with a FM09 tactic that apparently exploits something in the ME. Of course it's gonna be easier! I mean, fair enough, it's not good that whatever was the fault with the ME in FM09 is still present in 10 but go another rout, try somethingon your own and build a new tactic without thinking what can be done to "cheat" the AI.

I'm just playing around with Arsenal, to get the hang of the game, and I'm trying my hardest to get the tactic to work like they are playing in real life and simply trying to perfect it in order to push for 1st spot. The ME has seriously improved as finally, without having to mess around with sliders, your players are doing what you want them to do. Arshavin has never looked so real in his movement on FM09 as he does on 10! :D

I love to play around with most of the things in FM. You have your scouts, they recommend players and if possible why not take a look at the player in question yourself? Certainly would give you more to do than just press continue. Check up on your academy players, look more into your economy, tinker around with your tactics to get the best out of your players without a downloaded tactic. Man, there is SO much more to the game than plug and play if you really are intrested. Sounds to me, like some have mentioned, that you have simply lost interest in FM.

Someone is obviously not winning! Clown!
what a complete tosspot

If you don't have anything worthwhile to add, then don't bother posting. You may not agree with the OP but that is no excuse for abuse.

Anyway, I'm not sure what you want from the game. It has been this way since it was created (at least, I think it has). What do you suggest instead of having a continue button?

If you play in depth, then you should be monitoring training, dealing with players and press, scouting, analysing match stats etc. That should give you plenty to do between matches. If you don't want to do that stuff - then that is up to you but you can't just moan at the lack of stuff to do because you don't want to do it.

Sure, training could be better but really, how much improvement are you hoping for that will keep you busy for all the time between games?

Hammer1000, how can you say the game is only "continue, continue..." and easy when you are saying you are playing with a FM09 tactic that apparently exploits something in the ME. Of course it's gonna be easier! I mean, fair enough, it's not good that whatever was the fault with the ME in FM09 is still present in 10 but go another rout, try somethingon your own and build a new tactic without thinking what can be done to "cheat" the AI.

I'm just playing around with Arsenal, to get the hang of the game, and I'm trying my hardest to get the tactic to work like they are playing in real life and simply trying to perfect it in order to push for 1st spot. The ME has seriously improved as finally, without having to mess around with sliders, your players are doing what you want them to do. Arshavin has never looked so real in his movement on FM09 as he does on 10! :D

I love to play around with most of the things in FM. You have your scouts, they recommend players and if possible why not take a look at the player in question yourself? Certainly would give you more to do than just press continue. Check up on your academy players, look more into your economy, tinker around with your tactics to get the best out of your players without a downloaded tactic. Man, there is SO much more to the game than plug and play if you really are intrested. Sounds to me, like some have mentioned, that you have simply lost interest in FM.

So what should i do, use a poor tactic that wont get me results just to make the game more difficult?

I can see Fergie doing that, "Right lads this is getting too easy, i'm going to have us play with a completely useless tactic set up that wont get us results, it'll be fun i promise".

I tried the tactic creator what a jib, i cannot see anything in the instructions i have given being played out on the pitch and dont get me started on the 3D, its so poor that the 2D actually appears more realistic.

All we have again is a load of features that are merely dressing, what is the point off opposition instructions? its completely useless.

Early sign are that little or anything has been fixed, Torres just got POTM scoring 4 in 4 games, Carlton Cole had 4 goals in 3 games and had a much better average rating and did'nt even make the top 3???

As for Rob Green and Carlton Cole, they are both half a star away from being crap and it does'nt get much better when you look at the rest of the squad either.

I cant help but think that you lot d/loaded a different demo, maybe one in which Derren Brown is sending subliminal messages that the game is in fact great.

This forum is for people who likes FM and find some good points or bad points, but they like and respect this game.

It seems this topic has been created just to blame.

You can be frustreted and be really disappointed, but it does'nt seem you are, you just don't like this kind of games.

It seems you don't like football management game in general, so it's difficult for SI or any other developer to convince you once...

Archived