Is there a greater emphasis on a managers ability this time?

The thing I noticed on 09, and in previous FMs, is that top clubs appoint random managers, whom I've never heard of, and have poor stats, yet they take them to consecutive titles. One example, some Mexican, with about 7 for motivation and tactical knowledge, took over Chelsea, and they were unbeatable. Is this now gone? And do a managers stats count for more this time?

The thing I noticed on 09, and in previous FMs, is that top clubs appoint random managers, whom I've never heard of, and have poor stats, yet they take them to consecutive titles. One example, some Mexican, with about 7 for motivation and tactical knowledge, took over Chelsea, and they were unbeatable. Is this now gone? And do a managers stats count for more this time?

The demo is only six months so I guess its hard to predict. :)

• Administrators

If this is indeed happening we would most certainly like to see an example. However do bear in mind this is a small database with only one league - there are only so many managers loaded, so only so much choice for Chelsea to appoint. As said though, please post it if you think it's an issue on the Bugs Forum and upload the save to our FTP. Thanks.

Archived