Truly Impressive, SI!

I just felt it was necessary of me to applaud and send a very very truthful and honest WELL DONE to Sports Interactive for the new game.

I am naturally a critical person, i always want more, but having just played a few months of the demo, i have nothing else to say, except a big THANK YOU, for such a fun and real game.

1.The complication - This is where all the other games fail, yet SI seem to shine everytime, it is very complicated, as people want a not so complicated game, yet with new features as not to get bored. SI does just that, they added what is necessary and very real from real life football, yet never complicated the game with unnecessary crap like FIFA usually does.

2.The new tactical setup is PERFECT - for once after such a long time, i can truly understand what does what, how do i get my team to play a way without putting some slidders up and down while having no idea what i'm doing. I just had many matches with Inter, and i can't believe i am actually getting them to play just the way i want them too, also the way Mou wants them too in real life. It's so unbelievable how well it works.

3.The match engine - It's great, the players move just like real(of course, having in mind it's still a PC game), though i have just one little complain, the players waste a LOT of one-on-ones, and to give credit to this, i admit it's not only my players that do that, i just had Palacio and Figueroa waste 3 one-on-ones and my players waste a total of 8 one-on-ones in two games against Lazio and Genoa, i'm talking about Eto'o, Cassano and Milito, only won the matches from some tap-ins and long shots.

Either way though, continue the great job SI, you're only miles ahead of any others in the business.

I agree with the OP. It's like a new born baby, the one you have been expecting and dreaming about all the time. This game is brilliant, the match engine to the backroom advice to the tactics and the new press conferences it just doesn't stop really. AI have improved in the transfer market and in game which spices up the competition as well.

I barely post here, but THIS had to be said. I am fed up of people whining even when SI are showing signs of improvement. I have got to admit that SI were spot on that this is the best FM ever.

I agree with the OP. i think it is soo good that if i thought i could get it past the missus i would cancel my weeks holiday from 30th oct - 7th Nov. I don't think she would go for that however so i'll just have to wait an extra week before i buy it.

The Best FootBall Manager :D

the tactics,the staff advice,player can be choose to deep lying playmaker or another playmaker

FM10 is MORE than i expected :D

i`ll need some time to get used to with the new interface

but truly its amazing work done by SI

Weird how threads like this one are left to rot in the doldrums, like it's almost unheard of to praise the game.

I concur with the OP.

Much the same with anything. Take the news for example... :)

I can only agree, the game is a massive improvement on FM09. I love the new interface, and I am getting to grips with the new tactic creator. I would agree with the comment on one-on-ones, Eduardo and Van Persie regularly miss 4 or 5 before scoring a from the one-on-one situation.

Its certainly the tactical wizard what makes the game, its brilliant, no more messing with sliders for hours on end. If you set it up with your own club its especially good because you already know what type of players they are, so for example being an Owls fan ive got Potter as a deep lying playmaker, James O'Connor as a ball winner, Jermaine Johnson as an out and out winger with Michael Gray on the other side being more defensive. Tudgay as an all round forward and Sodje more as a target man. It plays out brilliantly in 3d. Ive made a far better start than i did on FM09 which totally went over my head, could never get into it.

Massive improvement.

So far im still only in preseason, but it is indeed great. I was planning to wait with purchasing FM10 because I recently graduated and am still looking for a job so money is tight, but I think I'll just have to skip eating and buy FM10 instead...

Just adding to the praise lol. Its so good i don't want to get too involved yet because i want to do a long-term save with a lot bigger database when its released :p

I actually can't wait! Plus you're giving us a 1st day patch because of Stephen Carr(!) (imagine how good it will be on patch 3? :eek:)

Im eating humble pie as i didnt expect this game to be so good after FM08 & FM09 being sub standard.

This game rocks and is deft the best pc game of the year judging by this demo and this has put my faith back into SI :)

Have to agree with most of what's been said.

On FM09 I was 2d but the 3d on the demo is slick and enjoyable so I'll definitely play all my matches like this now. The Tactics Creator I saw first in FML and it was great on that so that's another plus. The interface is - after a few hours playing around - an absolute joy and the speed overall is excellent.

Great job!!!

Agreed completely with the OP. I'm loving the improvements to the match engine, all the little flicks and the players move far more fluidly and life like. And of course the crowd in the stands, it's been along time coming and even though its purely a cosmetic feature, it adds a hell of a lot to the game actually seeing your fans there in the stadium. The new layout takes a bit of getting used to and in some cases some screens are more awkward to get to than they used to be but overall it works well. The tactics creator is also another good improvement for those that found it hard to get a handle on the sliders and didnt fancy reading reams of pages of explanations on how to get players to do what you want and it translates well into the match engine. I find a few little niggles here and there with it such as default tackling seems to be hard so I'd be interested to see what more aggressive is!

Again congrats to SI on a job well done, haven't found a single game breaker of a bug yet for the first time in a few years.

I am also enjoying the demo! I usually dont like them as I know it wont last very long but i have found myself addicted.

I cannot fault any of the new features and it runs like a dream on my average laptop! No more waiting for processing! Cant wait for the game to be released

Even though I was looking forward to all the new features, I didn't think it would live up to the hype, as I thought Miles & Co were just pitching the game to us. I'm pleased to say I was completely wrong.

This really is the best FM in years, I'm genuinely astounded by how much SI have managed to add and improve.

:thup: KUTGW SI! :thup:

all i can say is wow. i concur with all the positive feedback posted so far in this thread. it's taking some time for the awesomeness to sink in and i think the immersion factor is gonna be the best yet when we finally get to play our careers proper. i think with all the changes that have been made, some of my friends who are becoming interested in the sport will be able to enjoy this version of FM without feeling that they don't know enough about the game to be able to play it well.

Long Time reader, first time poster.....Have to say since first playing this game over 10 years ago this is the best yet. The Tactics designer works well and you can actually see the effect on your players....Looking no further than FM10 this year.....Well Done to all at SI

Archived