problem with appearance fees?

I have encountered an issue that has to do with appearance fees demanded by a player.

On the demo last night playing as Arsenal, I went to buy Sebastien Kehl. My 6 mil bid was accepted, but what happened was when it went to ‘offer contract’, the offer was defaulted to a back-up playing status (perhaps because my staff only rate him as ‘decent’), at about 15K per week (no problem), but then he was asking for a 30K appearance fee per game! I offered him a contact with ‘first team’ status, 50K per week and about 7K appearance fee. He then kept rejecting the contract because he was demanding a higher appearance fee. I did try adjusting up a bit, but he refused to sign, even though in total I was offering him a far better contract overall than what he originally asked for.

As i had saved just before this, I reloaded a few times and tried different combinations of contracts (but all with substantially lower appearance fees, but very good overall contract terms), but everytime he rejects because of the apperance fee.

Surely this can't be right?

Archived