Dodgy Keepers...

Played the demo over the last day with different teams including Barcelona, Newcastle and Man City.

While watching highlights from different games, I've seen Valdes, Harper and Given all dithering on the ball after a pass back and an opposition striker easily dispossessing them to score.

To see keepers of that quality dispossessed so easily and to see it happen 4 times already strikes me as either a bit of an issue somewhere...or I've been seriously unlucky.

Anyone else seen the same?

(P.S. Overall, FM10 is very good indeed though - actually managed to get Barcelona to play like Barcelona in real life! First time in years!)

Played the demo over the last day with different teams including Barcelona, Newcastle and Man City.

While watching highlights from different games, I've seen Valdes, Harper and Given all dithering on the ball after a pass back and an opposition striker easily dispossessing them to score.

To see keepers of that quality dispossessed so easily and to see it happen 4 times already strikes me as either a bit of an issue somewhere...or I've been seriously unlucky.

(P.S. Overall, FM10 is very good indeed though - actually managed to get Barcelona to play like Barcelona in real life! First time in years!)

I've only played as Linfield so far. My keeper Alan Blayney has made a few errors like that, a pass back to him then he dwells on the ball for what seems like an eternity and lo and behold the striker takes the ball off him and scores. I understand that the quality isn't the greatest in the Irish League but he dwells on the ball far too long, it just looks daft.

It's an issue according to the FML forums.

I seen it for the fisrt time this morning and was quite disapointed to see it was still in the game. It's not even as if it is realistic i could tell it was going to happen about 30 seconds before it did. My defender passes to keeper, he passes back to defender who then passes back to keeper, who then dallies on the ball and allows opp striker to run past defnece and steal ball from him and score. Even conference keepers are better than that.

I Love what i have seen and played of FM10 so far but had hoped that this problem had been fixed.

Archived