The Match Screen

Before I begin, I'd like to make clear that overall I do like the game and it certainly seems to be a step forward.

The problem is that in one particular area no steps have been made at all for years now - the Match stats screen.

Why, oh why, does the Match stats screen STILL default to the Overview? The overview being the least informative of all stats pages available - the least useful for gauging an idea of the game and your team at a glance.

More to the point - why is the Overview still in the game after all this time? How hard would it have been to create a page more like the Home screen, where you choose what stats you want to see and then they stay that way, so that you're not constantly clicking through buttons and pages to get things set the way you want each and every match?.

This whole problem has been compounded in the latest release - why do I now have to go through a separate 'match stats' screen to get to the Player Ratings button? There was absolutely nothing wrong with where it was before, other than the constant resetting to Overview each match.

A lot of the UI changes I like but in this particular case I see regression, not progression. Forcing the user to go through more tabs, buttons and screens to get to where he wants to be than he did last year is a step back, sadly.

Archived