Threading

Hi,

I have just got the demo and it is ace. Really enjoying the snappier feel to general navigation.

I do have a suggestion for the future however, and would appreciate an response from SI/Sega even if it is just a "noted"/"not possible". I know this is a busy time for you.

Please consider adding the option in a future version of having the ability to save a thread for the GUI whilst the game is number crunching. What I mean is, instead of throwing up the dialog with a progress bar, allow me to still click around the game world. This would allow me to view players, tweak tactics etc

If this is already possible, could someone give me a nod in the right direction.

Regards,

Pete

you have been able to do that for the past 5 game versions or so. (sorry if i misunderstood here,. but try holding down the mouse button or pressing it a few times when your screen darkens and begins to process . it should drop you back to the news screen or whatever you were on before processing and you can change things, look around etc while its processing the next day)

I cannot seem to get it to do what you have suggested, maybe I am describing it badly.

I have a "Browse" button, which stops the processing and lets me navigate the game world, but this is not what I am suggesting.

I want the number crunching to run in the background (i.e. not just stop and start it again).

But the browse option only works for 1 day, doesn't it?

I'd love to be able to holiday to the next match (eg. one week) and then skip the process screen to give some orders to my scouts or to already prepare my line-up for next match. Would save a lot of time, but surely not possible?

Archived