New Mascio? *Player Naming*

It's amazing that slipped through. I mean, the CA that'd be needed for those stats is immense. Surely SI should be filtering players with that high a CA and, well, making sure that a straw poll of the office confirms that, say, Christiano Ronaldo exists and Toninho doesn't? :p

First spot goes to a French FM fansite ;)

www.fmcentre.fr/forum/post257778.html

Nom et prénom : Toninho Age : 29ans. Nationalité : Brésilienne Poste : Attaquant Club : Jaruense Taille : 181 Cm Poids : 77 Kg

Name: Toninho,

Nationality: Brazilian,

Current Club: Jaruense,

Height: 181cm,

Weight: 77kgs.

I sort of miss To Madeira, so part of me hopes this guy makes the final cut. :)

Toninho is a legend in the brazilian fm community, everyone is a fan of him now, too bad he is leaving us after the full version comes out :(

I signed him and hes amazing :D

Is his 'history' known? Like we found out the origins of To Madeira and Mascio eventually. Was he a 'trial' for testing and forgot to be removed, or was he slipped in by a naughty researcher/programmer?

Cheers. For posters even lazier than me I'll extract:

"This player is generated by the game, check his ID (you'll see it's a 10-digit ID). It's not a db issue. And he is indeed way too good... There is some guy at River (PI) called Bebeto who is also generated by the game and is way too good."

"Yes, he won't even appear is SI releases another Brazilian qstart with the same options ticked. Some similar player may appear though.

This option is used to fill squads who are too empty, as is the case with some of those smaller Brazilian teams (as they release everybody very early in the season IRL) and some lower league teams in England."

This is actually an extremely important point that will need to be addressed for patch 1. Many databases will be made with lower tier English and Scottish clubs, many of the lowest having sparse/no squads. They'll be filled with regens and it will be a major spoiler if there are loads of super-amateurs that can be scooped up by The Bogsville Arms who'll bomb up the leagues without a challenge.

First spot goes to a French FM fansite ;)

www.fmcentre.fr/forum/post257778.html

Nom et prénom : Toninho Age : 29ans. Nationalité : Brésilienne Poste : Attaquant Club : Jaruense Taille : 181 Cm Poids : 77 Kg

Name: Toninho,

Nationality: Brazilian,

Current Club: Jaruense,

Height: 181cm,

Weight: 77kgs.

I sort of miss To Madeira, so part of me hopes this guy makes the final cut.

Forget To Madeira. Sindre Loe Bing was the MAN. He was the fake player to eclipse all fake players.

Sindre age 21

Positions :

skyhdg.jpg

Can't find any more pictures of him. He became immense in my FM06 game.

• SI Staff
This is actually an extremely important point that will need to be addressed for patch 1. Many databases will be made with lower tier English and Scottish clubs, many of the lowest having sparse/no squads. They'll be filled with regens and it will be a major spoiler if there are loads of super-amateurs that can be scooped up by The Bogsville Arms who'll bomb up the leagues without a challenge.

The older extra newgens generated to fill out empty active teams are always generated with CA/PA related to club reputation etc. However with a nation like Brazil for example, there is a slightly higher chance of a rare newgen player being a lot better than what the regular level at the club would be. We did run into one such case (seriously, just one in Spain) in our own tests and since then there has been a PA cap implemented for these filler players and the cap has been lowered even further since then, so this kind of rare incidents should not pop up with the patched version.

I'm fairly suprised that this kind of player got created in the quick start. Either it was a really really lucky case that just happened when the game was created, or there are quite a few teams without real players in those leagues which would have increased the chances somewhat, since more players would have been created.

Archived