Saving game for use on another computer

Does anybody know if it is possible to save a game of FM 2010 on one computer and then continue to play on another computer with the same saved data. I have tried saving the game to a USB pen and plugged it into my laptop so I can play the same game on my laptop, but I can't get it to work. However I could be doing something wrong. I have installed the game via Steam.

I am really getting into my game and so I don't really want to have two different games running on both computers. If anybody knows how I can play the same "saved game" on two computers I would really appreciate any advice.

Thank you;)

Why can't you get it to work, getting errors? Or....

With 09, you could just copy the save over and use it somewhere else with no problem.

Hi, yes sorry I wasn't very clear on that. I did get an error, to be honest I can't remember exactly what it said but it was something like "file not found".

What gave you that error?

All you should need to do is transfer the game and load it from within FM. If you copy it over to the 'games' folder in your SI user directory (My Document\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010 Demo\games) you should be able to load it fine. The path I stated above may change if you used Steam, btw.

Burn it to disk, but before you delete the saved game from your system or uninstall, try and drag the game saved on the disk back onto your desktop to see if it'll transfer without a problem.

I saved a game on a disk a few days ago because I was doing a reboot..then when it came to transferring it back onto my system it would freeze halfway through. Was gutted because I was taking a small team to big places.

Also make sure you're running off the same patch. It's not always needed but better safe than sorry.

I save my game directly to my pen drive from within FM, and it loads up on both my desktop and laptop fine. Although I don't play it on the laptop often as it can't cope very well with all the leagues I have loaded.

Archived