Looks nice SI, but why are FUlham so bad?

You would have thought that the 7th best team in the league would have a better squad than they do in the demo of FM10. It's full of championship players apart from brede, and even he's very average. Then there's young players like smalling (looks brilliant in real life but donkey in fm would be understating it), marsh-brown and trotta who are awful despite being pretty good, and they completely left out peniket from the youth side! Surely this'll be fixed in the official release, because it's not really that fun to play with when you have to revamp a side on a tight budget.

By the way, an issue I had in fm09 was that it was so easy to make money in FM as long as you weren't an idiot so it was very very easy to get teams like fulham to winning quintuples after turning out millions of pounds a year (when realistically every team in the country struggles to break even). I reckon it's because SI underestimated the wage bills and demands of players in 09 alot (so whilst the AI would splash out on anything, as a player it was easy to control budgets). What do people thinking about this so far in the demo?

Fulham have always been a tricky one imo, because I think Roy Hodgson has them playing above themselves (apart from a few players). This means rating the players more because the team plays well wouldn't really be fair.

And just because Fulham finished 7th, I wouldn't say they're the 7th best team in the league. Fulham played consistently well as a team whilst other, better teams (like Spurs) didn't.

Hard to admit as a Fulham fan myself :(

because they are

Well done for contributing a lot to the discussion.

I'll echo what wills1987 has already said, with Fulham its more of a case of having a very good manager who has got them playing exceptionally well as a team, rather than them being outstanding individuals. Don't take their stats on face value, try and find a way to play which will suit their abilities and you should still get some success.

In previous releases of FM I've noyiced that teams tend to reflect their position early in a season rather than final position end of previous season. Thus, Fulham's slow stary would be factored in. I'd expect Portsmouth to look weak in the demo and Burnley to be decent on that basis.

Well done for contributing a lot to the discussion.

I'll echo what wills1987 has already said, with Fulham its more of a case of having a very good manager who has got them playing exceptionally well as a team, rather than them being outstanding individuals. Don't take their stats on face value, try and find a way to play which will suit their abilities and you should still get some success.

i agree roy hodge is a legend

what way could you play to suit there abilitys

Archived