Difference in Move into channels, hug touch line, cuts inside?

Let me see if I can define this.

Hug Touch line = always stays wide.

Cuts inside = moves towards the goal rather away from it,

Move into channels = ?

Move into channels is an option given to the wingers. So how does he move to channels when he is already on the channels?

Cuts inside is when you move from the flank into the middle, not necessarily towards goal. move into channels is the spacce between the 2 centre backs and the fullbacks in a 4-4-2, that is, not stuck out wide but not central. A quick diagram:

1|2|3|2|1

where 1 is the wings, 2 is the channels and 3 is the middle of the pitch

Hugs touchline - stay wide all the time - Beckham perhaps.

Cuts inside - wingers will cut in to the middle often - Cristiano Ronaldo, Messi, etc.

Moves into channels - the player will naturally wander wide to pick up the ball. Adebayor is the most obvious example to me.

Playing a winger in the channel would simply mean playing him a bit narrower. Previously with the width setting, you could only play both wingers wide or both narrow - now you can give them different instructions.

I have been experimenting with a 4-4-2 that moves into a 4-3-3 shape in attack, hence once winger is encouraged to attack and cut inside, while the other supports and is expected to play in the channel, operating almost as a central midfielder - which also allows space for an overlapping full back.

Most of your top wingers all cut in, Ronnie and Messi etc. Then need skill, flair and creativity.

Hug touchline is for your crosses from wide area's, like a beckham.

Channels are more for your speedy wingers that you want to slice straight through. Like Lennon etc.

Lork described the channels well - playing between a DC and the FB next to him.

It's usefulness for wingers is to overload the DC - he has to decide between closing down the striker or the winger, depending on whether the FB (if there is one) has came inside along with the winger. Basically you're trying to disrupt the back-line as much as you can to create space in the confusion.

Wingers in the game have 'moves into channels' as PPM?

Probably because they like to move out wide when played in central positions. That PPM is really meant to be used for strikers that like to move out wide.

Archived