Where to Buy FM2010 Dilemma...

Hi all,

I have a dilemma regarding where to purchase FM2010 from. I currently have a pre-purchase with Zavvi for £17.99 which seems to be the cheapest but they have confirmed (to the latest information I have seen) that they plan to still use Royal Mail for all deliveries, obviously with the strike action planned I am concerned about delivery issues for the game.

Alternatively I could order from another online retailer but potentially have similar delivery issues and also cost more.

The 3rd option is Steam, I used this last year to purchase the game and have no issues with it at all - this of course was after the near 24hour wait to activate the game. Does anyone know with any certainty that this will NOT happen this year as I dont object to paying more (£29.99) if I know for certain that it will be playable on time. Also an advantage is that it might also be available from midnight so actually get more time with the game!

4th option is to purchase it from a store but locally there is only a tesco supermarket which is still a drive and due to a knee operation this would require someone else to assist taking me - something I am prepared to do if needed but wouldnt be the preferred option, again price isnt as cheap!

So yes, this is my dilemma, all thoughts welcome - though please dont discuss the merits of the postal strike claims as seen a potentially useful thread closed down for this.

Thanks

Hi

If money is not an issue Steam seem to be the preferred option. Easy to download (generally), automatic patching and the new "Achievment" enhancement addition. Plus you can use on numerous PC/laptops methinks where you have steam accounts activated.?

I think that's what I will do.

K...:)

Money isnt the overriding issue - my concern with Steam relates to the activation issues last year. With the new option of not activating if you purchase the boxed version I know that I can play as soon as I get it in my hands.

As I understand it for the achievements if you get the box version but activate it through Steam you still get those options.

Archived