Error: Football Manager 2010 Demo is already runnin

I just spent another half an hour downloading the Vanilla demo from Mirror (after trying the Strawberry Demo 5 times). I installed it and all but when I try to open the demo through the desktop icon it just "loads" for a second (nothing actually opens) and when I try again a few seconds later it says "Football Manager 2010 Demo is already running". The same thing happens when I try to open through Program Files -- Sports Interactive -- Football Manager 2010 Demo -- the FM10 Demo icon. I've also tried putting renaming the icon fm.exe but still not working. And I've tried restarting my computer a lot of time and it still doesn't work.

It's a pain, but have you tried downloading through Steam?

3 times through Steam (Strawberry)

3 times via Mirror Football (Vanilla)

1 time torrent (Strawberry)

1 time from Bigdownload (Strawberry)

After downloading through Steam I get "The game is unavailable" error and the others cause the "football manager 2010 is already running" problem.

OK some new info: Steam's version can be forgotten, it keeps saying that the game is unavailable.

However, the Mirror download of the Vanilla version might work. It kept saying that that it has encountered a problem and needs to close, but now after adding .exe in the end of the fm file (which is in Program Files ---> Sports Interactive ---> Football Manager 2010 Demo ) it again loads for a minute and then the hourglass disappears from the side of the cursor and everything is "normal". When I try to open it again it says that Football Manager 2010 Demo is already running.

Yep same problem here: The thing is i have 2 laptops... It worked on the normal 1.. that has an good system.. but when i used the same install file on my 10" laptop i got this same error...

so it seems its the system error.. the ting is that my 10" laptop has an fine system 1gb ram etc.. can play normal games on it... so the only thing i can think of is the screen size or something stupid like that...

and i have directX etc on both and i have the same programs on them both...

Both are also running on windows 7

from what im understanding the people on here having problems are all using net books. Net books arent the most powerful of laptops i would say its a video error stoping the game from opening have you tried to install the latest direct x for your os also might be worth getting the latest .netframe

Yes seems that way.. well have bought the game now via steam.. so lets see how it goes.... it will though be a huge disappointment if it dosent work to my net book... because it should manage to run the game perfectly. at least they should then release a patch so that it can run on them.

When you get the error saying that it is already running, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete then go to the 'Processes' tab, right click on 'fm.exe' and click 'end process'.

Now; Right click on the FM demo icon and click; 'Run as administrator.

Tell me if that works!

ERROR appears: Steam.exe (main exception) failed to create file access mutex

Is what happens

Is what happens

Ok have you got your firewall on?

Second have you updated your graphic drivers?

Third did you install the latest direct x which came with the demo?

Last what system spec have you got and operating system?

Thank You :)

Ok have you got your firewall on? NO, I HAVE TRIED WITH AND WITHOUT

Second have you updated your graphic drivers? YES

Third did you install the latest direct x which came with the demo? YES

Last what system spec have you got and operating system? COMPUTER SPEC IS FINE AND WORKING ON XP

Is what happens

Reading up on the error its mainly caused by a corrupt steam installer or Firewall/Anti-Virus blocking steam from the internet.

Un-install steam again, go to C:\Program Files\Steam and delete all files in there, restart your PC and download Steam from their website.

http://storefront.steampowered.com/d...eamInstall.msi

Edit: Also make sure that steam is allowed/accepted though your Firewall and Anti-Virus.

Hey guys,

This is the email steam staff sent me

Title: Football/Worldwide Soccer Manager series Link: http://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=4542-GJKV-5969 Steam and Steam games are not designed to run on netbooks. However, the support team for this title may have further information. If you have any further questions, please let us know.

I've tried by connecting the netbook to tv and the game started perfectly, and tried to change the output back to netbook the game screen was too large for the screen, apparently the problem is resolution

I don't know if the problem is already solved, but I got the same error on both the demo as the full game (Yes, I got it today).

Try shutting down windows and restart. Works fine on my HP mini notebook. Apparently, the install is not really finished without restarting windows.

Here's some more info:

Computer: Asus Eee PC 4G (701)

Processor: Intel® Celeron® M Processor 900MHz

1016MB RAM

DirectX 9.0c

Graphic card: Mobile Intel ® 915GM/GMS,910 GML Express

It did run FM09...

After looking at the specs on the back of the case it appears that your processor is well below the minimum (1.4GHZ) so maybe thats got something to do with your problems.

Hey guys,

This is the email steam staff sent me

Title: Football/Worldwide Soccer Manager series Link: http://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=4542-GJKV-5969 Steam and Steam games are not designed to run on netbooks. However, the support team for this title may have further information. If you have any further questions, please let us know.

I've tried by connecting the netbook to tv and the game started perfectly, and tried to change the output back to netbook the game screen was too large for the screen, apparently the problem is resolution

So it seems that it will never work on netbooks that have a 10" screen like mine... strange though that it has this problem... while other games that demand graphic have no problem.. anyway i would hope they would fix this problem.. because netbooks are perfect for this game.

So it seems that it will never work on netbooks that have a 10" screen like mine... strange though that it has this problem... while other games that demand graphic have no problem.. anyway i would hope they would fix this problem.. because netbooks are perfect for this game.

The only way to make it work in to play in windowed mode.

No, you don't even need to get into the game 1st. You are supposed to put this in your shortcut icon target box. The bold part...then you can play it in windowed mode.

So the target box should look like this:

"C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\fm.exe" --small_screen --windowed

No, you don't even need to get into the game 1st. You are supposed to put this in your shortcut icon target box. The bold part...then you can play it in windowed mode.

So the target box should look like this:

"C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\fm.exe" --small_screen --windowed

Thanks alot tired that and found alot of forums how to do that.. still couldent get that to work on my small netbook... instead it ****ed up my steam, got alot of errors on it after trying that... well seems though that, that worked on the older fm's.. well if i someday get it to work i tell you guys how i did it:

perhaps this works for some of you:

There is a way you force it into windowed mode, but be aware that this is an unsupported solution.

* Right click the game shortcut (on the desktop, the quick launch bar or in the start menu)

* Go to the "Shortcut" tab

* In the "Target" area, add the following: "for example: "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive Ltd\Football Manager 2005\fm2010.exe" -small_screen -windowed" without the quotes

Wow i got it to work now the real game by doing that.. Was steam that messed everything up in the beginning for me!

anyway if u use steam "C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 34000 -small_screen -windowed

i have 34000.. i see some people have other number.. but dont change yours...

anyway thanks alot vasilli07!! U are awsome!;)

Hi Guys,

All this information is greatm however I'm still having issues with 'football manager already running'. I did notice that on my'target' under 'properties' of Football Manager 2010 is "C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -windowed -small_screen" instead of "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\fm.exe" --small_screen --windowed". I've purchased this game through Steam, and I think that it is Steam that is causing the problems. How do I go about removing Steam and moving FM10 to the hard drive so I can play it? Any tips would be most appreciated. Thanks.

you need to create a shortcut 1st...then do what space2000 said in post 40...

Yes by doing the shortcut u can just go on your steam and right click football manager 2010 then properties or something.. the last 1.. and there you can pick "create shortcut on your desktop.. and in that shortcut u just do like i have writin in post 40 like vasilli07 says.

when u get it to work:

anyway you will have some problems inside the game.. like u cannot do press conference, because the screen is to small.. and so on.. but that u can fix by selecting assistant manager to do the press conference..

U can follow this treat to see when a netbook skin comes out on fm10..seems like a guy is trying to fix the small problems with the seizes

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=110307&highlight=netbook

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived