League Editor (FA Cup)

"Pretty good reserch, they have quite a few proper ones. Unibond Presidents Cup and Unibond League Cup are also available but I can't enter the FA Cup/Trophy as it only starts at the second qualifying round."

That is very odd, hopefully SI can confirm something to do with this.

It is right though. Unibond level teams start i the final prelim round, the 3rd round played in the FA cup, so I guess it makes sense. Some of the teams will be in it. Thing is level 10 teams have 4 games before the 2nd qualifying round so it would be hard to get correct and add that much

4 games? Think its 3 actually, theres the extra prelim round and the prelim round before the 1st qualifying round. Unibond/Ryman prem teams come in at the 1st qual round, Unibond/Ryman Div 1 teams in the prelim round and step 9/10 teams in the extra prelim rounds I believe.

It would be very annoying if we can't edit these rounds in.

Lets work backwards then.

4th Quali: Conference

3rd Quali: Teams left from Quali 2

2nd Quali: Blue Square North/South

1st Quali: Level 7

Prelim: Level 8

Extra Prelim: Level 9-10

Must have been wrong, thought I heard somebody say Brandon United had played 2 rounds to play us in the Prelim

That would suck - one thing on CM i enjoy is playing my local team and seeing how far i'll get into the FA Cup as it gives me a lot of cash (3rd round is my highest so far but the cash granted for progressing is quite nice for a southern premier league team).

From Miles' blog post, day 11:

Now some things that you can do with the editor

- Everything you could do before!

- Ability to add lower levels to existing league structures (E.g. Regional Premier Divisions)

- Add new leagues into the game (Eg. Egypt)

- Recreate existing leagues with different rules. (Eg. Create English league with a max squad size)

- Add inter-league Cup competitions (Eg. Cup between Scottish & English Teams)

Cup Specific

- Create FA Cup and Super Cup style competitions

- Also create competitions which include group stage and knock-out stage

- Set specific divisions and clubs to enter competition

- Set Cup Prize Money

- Set No. of Replays

- Set No. of Legs

- Set venue of round games (Whether played at Home Team stadium, Neutral venue or National Stadium)

- Create new competitions

Taking that and extrapolating, I would assume we could recreate existing cup structures as well as league structures. You'd need to do your research though, and make sure you knew EXACTLY what you were trying to implement. We'll find out for sure in 2 weeks anyway :)

Saying that

I thought it was said somewhere that you can't edit current leagues, you can only add lower leagues below the current ones.

So taking that logic, then does that imply you can't change current cups either, by setting a "new" number of rounds (in effect adding more)?

The post from day 11 specifically states you can add lower levels to existing leagues structures, but you it doesn't say anything about adding rounds to cups.

Whatever the result, I am sure you can create a whole new competition, with all the rounds and call it the FA Cup, and disable the FA Cup competition that comes as standard, but obviously this is more work.

Can anyone confirm our thoughts one way or the other or do we have to wait another 2 weeks to find out?

Thinking about this...

If you tried to create a "new" FA Cup, having all the rounds in it, will it not have implications on the European competitions? ie: the qualification to the UEFA cup is linked to the FA Cup that comes with the game, so if you wanted the "new" FA Cup to have qualification to European like it should have, this would mean editing the European cup competition, which obviously you can't do as it is an existing competition.

SO

This makes me think we are stuck with the FA Cup that comes with the game, with a random selection of teams in the lower rounds..

I would think that once new leagues are created, it should hopefully activate the lower rounds itself, the only reason Q2 is included is that's the round that BSN/S teams enter, so it should lower once the lower leagues are in. Anyway, with the create a competition thing would be cool, I could create a UK wide tournament which would be interesting.

I would think that once new leagues are created, it should hopefully activate the lower rounds itself, the only reason Q2 is included is that's the round that BSN/S teams enter, so it should lower once the lower leagues are in. Anyway, with the create a competition thing would be cool, I could create a UK wide tournament which would be interesting.

Would hope so, but the quietness of SI is quite unnerving!

Archived