How do I transfer Directx 10 onto a different computer?

I need Directx 10 to play the demo, as otherwise I get an error message. Now, the problen is that the computer which I use to play FM on does not have the internet on it(and thus does not have directx 10 on it), but my other computer does. So, I was wondering how do I transfer Directx 10 onto my FM computer?

I have downloaded it onto my computer with the internet. Do I just copy the files, from the system 32's Directx folder?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :thup:, and I apologise for yet another FM Demo thread :o

I need Directx 10 to play the demo, as otherwise I get an error message. Now, the problen is that the computer which I use to play FM on does not have the internet on it(and thus does not have directx 10 on it), but my other computer does. So, I was wondering how do I transfer Directx 10 onto my FM computer?

I have downloaded it onto my computer with the internet. Do I just copy the files, from the system 32's Directx folder?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :thup:, and I apologise for yet another FM Demo thread :o

Simply go here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=2DA43D38-DB71-4C1B-BC6A-9B6652CD92A3&displaylang=en

Download the installer ("Save" rather than "Run") then copy the installer to a portable device then run it on the machine that doesn't have internet access. It may need internet access during install so if you can provide that it'll be helpful.

You can't copy a pre-installed version that may well mess up the computer if you're try as it does quite a lot to parts of the operating system that are fairly sensitive.

Thanks, but I already have the installer as it comes with the FM10 demo doesn't it?

The problem is that it does need internet access during the install as it is a download, which I don't think I can provide to that computer, without a lot of hassle (but I will do it to play FM :D)

Archived