Who else has changed the demo skin to the darker version?

Have you changed the FM10 Demo Skin?  

294 members have voted

1. 1. Have you changed the FM10 Demo Skin?

• No, kept the default lighter skin
    • Yes, changed the skin to the darker version
    • Didn't know their was a second skin

I didn't even realise there was a dark version, which is good news as I came to work this morning with a headache from all the white so I will be changing it when i get home. Don't want to end up with snow blindness!!!!

I do not like BRIGHT white on a gaming skin!

It was a BRIGHT move by SI because i do not recall any game company that has released a game in PURE white. Darker or coloured skins are always better. To me the BLACK skin does FM10 justice.

Now i just need to get used to this layout and new options.

White backgrounds are useless in this game as the text itself is usually of no importance - just the storyline and background information. A word processor involves typing words which are important; a spreadsheet involves values in cells which are important; a search engine uses a white background as people need to study the text in their search results. We do not pay that much attention to text in a game and therefore it is stupid to use a white background as a large amount of a bright colour hurts the eyes.

I argued that bright colours were not necessarily bad as long as there was a significant amount of dark to help the eyes - but a dark or medium-toned skin will always triumph, as we play these games for several hours.

maybe they should change the ultimate white to a more beige/white to ease it on the eyes. I dont like the dark and i love the white, but after an hour or so i need to stop looking at the screen cause my eyes will hurt XD

I immediately changed to the dark skin. And then changed it back pretty quickly. I just find that everything seems to blend in together on the dark one. It looks better but I went back to the light one because I find it easier to use. Changing that pure white is still on the agenda though...

Thank you. Could have ticked both 2 and 3 options: didn't realize there was a second skin until I saw this thread. So much easier to read, better contrast helps to clearly see so much better of the stats and feedback.

1000x thanks

I changed to darker but I'm still struggling to pick out the white text on top of the green buttons. Eg - transfer budget on the home page, I'm struggling to read it without squinting or tilting the screen for a minute.

Anyone else found this? I'm hoping someone will change it when the new skins come out.

Dark skin for me too.

I always prefer black backgrounds for everything, even my windows desktop is just plan black, even when sometimes i would like to use a nice picture, but i always return to a plan black one.

Archived