Why is Consistancy a hidden attribute?

I can't figure out the reasoning behind Consistancy being a hidden attribute. It's the same as knowing if a player is a good tackler, crosser of the ball etc. watching a player over a period of time will let you know if they perform consistantly or not same as it would prove if they were a good passer or not. Why do SI keep this attribute from the player attributes screen?

It's not something we should necessarily know - as it's such an important attribute that it will take away a lot from the technical, mental and physical attributes.

It makes us have to utilise our scouts, and our own research to find out whether or not a player is a consistent performer.

I'd prefer it that way, rather than having SI do all the work for you.

Consistency is relatively easy to find out, if you just watch a player perform over a matter of weeks or months - like a real life manager would do.

It adds a little realism to it.

Consistency is not something you can have. I could say "I'm good at passing" but i can't say "I'm very consistent" because I don't know how i'm going to perform in the next match.

I wouldn't agree with that. It's true you don't know how you are going to perform in your next match, but on the same hand you don't know that your next pass is going to be a good one either. But a good passer will most likely play a good pass next time he needs two same as a consistant performer will most likely put in a solid performance in his next game.

Archived