AI Difficulty

It does seem slightly too easy, but I have no idea how or if SI can even control that sort of thing. People have mentioned that the attributes for a lot of players at top teams are lower than before across the board, so maybe it's because of that.

Better too easy than too hard though, I guess.

It does seem slightly too easy, but I have no idea how or if SI can even control that sort of thing. People have mentioned that the attributes for a lot of players at top teams are lower than before across the board, so maybe it's because of that.

Better too easy than too hard though, I guess.

no its not better to easy it will get boring and you wont have to work hard in FM which is a game that you should ect We need a challenge!!!

Please S.I make it harder when the full game comes out :(

I haven't noticed any difference in difficulty level so far. What I have noticed is the ability to impose my ideas and footballing philosophy on my team, and getting them to play as I've always wanted them to.

SI - Don't bloody change it after this year. :mad:

It's finally great. :thup:

I haven't noticed any difference in difficulty level so far. What I have noticed is the ability to impose my ideas and footballing philosophy on my team, and getting them to play as I've always wanted them to.

SI - Don't bloody change it after this year. :mad:

It's finally great. :thup:

There have been lots of people complaining about difficulty more percentage then people like you that cant spot a difference. You think saying don't bloody change it, will make S.I not change it and not listen to the most percentage that thinks its to easy..:rolleyes:

Just wanted to know if SI make the AI easy for the demo purposely?

I'm no tactical genius but i've managed to beat Man United, Liverpool and Chelsea with Stoke!

There were several reports of a possible bug earlier. Lots of people have noticed that the "big" teams are sending out extremely weak teams against teams they expect to beat and as a result are losing. It may be worth you checking the squads that the teams put out against you and see if they were full stregth before you ask for the AI to be improved. I am playing as Arsenal on my save and so have only played Man Utd so far of the other top teams and they put out a full stregth squad and beat me 2-1 at Old Trafford (despite getting hammered for 90 mins straight) but the following week they lost 3-1 at Stoke with several "lesser" players in their squad.

Here is the Link http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=154041

• SI Staff

Anyone else finding it too easy, or too hard?

Its an interesting one, as the tactics creator has given the human a better tool to construct a playing style, while the AI teams also use the same logic for the first time.

Well I don't find it easy...I took the lead at Real Madrid and I am in 16th place after 12 games??? I am doing well in the Champions League, but I seem to loose to stupid teams away from home after leading 2-0. From time to time my defenders are non-existent (kind of realistic for Real by the way :p )

I also got trashed by Barca 3-0 at home. I am surprised I wasn't fired yet :o

All these thing happen maybe because I didn't have time to go through the tactics that deeply, but for Real, I should win easy games without having to tell Ronaldo, Kaka and Benzema what to do...

Anyway, I'll try some other teams as well, to see how things look. I am not disappointed by the game at all, it looks really well, I just need time to find a damn tactic.

How about longterm games? My biggest complaint in FM09 was that big clubs hang onto their players forever and didnt purchase new players. Their transfer policy sucked and thats why game got too easy after some 5-7 seasons when the likes on ManU, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool got worse and worse... Is there any changes to this so I can play a challenging long term game finally? It takes feeling of achievement away when in 2017 even the best team is only average comparing to when the game begins and the likes of ManU are somewhere in Bolton-level with old players and tiny squads.

I was 9 won and zero losses, 10 points clear (Chelsea) then hit the skids, and now in mid-December and am only 2 points ahead of Man U. Perhaps your team is hyper-motivated under a new manager (are you an "ex-international?") or you have offered "high" bonuses. It gets harder I think. Possibly the AI working out my system or players less motivated by the same old team talks (I think we need more options in FM11).

But keep going and see if you're top at Christmas.

Im a little worried the game seems to easy, I realsie im playing with a high profile club ( Liverpool )and It will to certain extent be quite easy, however I flashed through pre season winning very comfortably. Ive started the season winning 9 out of 10 including smashing Man City and Chelsea. Im hopeing it will challenge me in the long run or i will get bored.

Edit. Just read your post Backpakant and hope you are correct, I will play till xmas and post back with my results.

This makes me wonder why SI don't just add difficulty levels. I've only skimmed the surface of the demo but I also found it a bit easy playing Milan. Decent money, good players to sign on the cheap, and the tactics creator is a blast - but makes things a bit too straight forward. Oh well, we'll have to wait and see how this will pan out in the full version and hopefully wait for patch 10.0.1!

I have found the game easy so far having played with Carmarthen. I signed a few free transfers & released half of their squad & I have a W8 D2 L0

I think it is one part of the tactics creater that has helped me & that is when selecting roles for the players it highlights which stats are the important ones for that role so it makes it much easier to get the best out of your players as without the help I would have had half of my team playing a role that did not play to their strenghts.

I think it's just about right dificulty wise. TBH there are times where it is, and there's times where it's hard. I like to think that it's been designed to take into account things like form, morale etc.

I think it could be perceived as too easy as in the past, even when we had a great tactic in our minds, it was so hard to translate it to sliders. With the new tactics creator, we can finally have our team play as we want.

Another problem that was at least present in past games, and seems also in this one, is that it is too easy for small teams to sign veteran free agents at no cost. And those veterans can dominate for a couple of seasons in lower leagues. Maybe old vets should ask for higher salaries or just refuse to play for small teams, or just to have their physical skills to decrease faster.

The tactics creator ertainly makes tactics easier, but I don't think it will make the game easier overall. You'll still lose to teams that are worse than you. But that's the fun of it, and it keeps you going to try and stop yourself dropping any points, but you never will be able to. I hope at least. :p

In my opinion i dont find the game to easy, i just found that i can get my team to play exactly how i want them to play, each player is responding well to my instructions.

However i have started with Barcelona, and have not lost in the league yet. i have developed 3 different formation and tactics and its working wonders.

On a side note Real Madrid are currently in 12 position, have to confirm once i download the demo again (I did a system restore and it uninstalled the demo)

Anyone else playing the Spanish League would be nice to see how real are doing on your game.

18 league games with Newcastle, 15 wins and 3 losses. Also managed to beat Sunderland 3-0 and qualify for the league cup quarter finals. Definitely think it's too easy.

One of the league losses was when Ryan Taylor got a red card in the 2. minute and in another one I had 4 shots hit the woodwork.

18 league games with Newcastle, 15 wins and 3 losses. Also managed to beat Sunderland 3-0 and qualify for the league cup quarter finals. Definitely think it's too easy.

One of the league losses was when Ryan Taylor got a red card in the 2. minute and in another one I had 4 shots hit the woodwork.

I think it is because off your superior tactics in the game. This shows you have become a better FM player. The game is not easier in my opinion.

I find this game easy not in wining matchs as I've palyed only 4 match with lower level, so I won, but what is now easy is the backroom advice which is giving you all the advices and make the interactivity more easy.

I don't think so it's bad thing but your vision as a manager is more far and you have to manage your team with an helicopter view ( except the match and analys ). Hope the training system in FM2011 will give you a nearest approach.

Again, great job !

Thanks

Ive wanted to start a thread on this aswell, so many responses over the years to people sturggling have been " Its your tactics" - fair point but unless you take the time to really understand FMs interpretation of tactics (via slider bars) then you probably still wont be able to work out why its not working.

This year i have found it a breath of fresh air, the tactics has just enough fiddling to make formations unique whilst its easy to understand what roles/instructions your giving to the players and teams - It may be considered too easy for the people who learned how to manipulate the sliders but i think to most people this will be more realistic.

Its an interesting one, as the tactics creator has given the human a better tool to construct a playing style, while the AI teams also use the same logic for the first time.

I would say slightly too easy, but I'll have to play for as bit longer and with different teams to know for sure.

One (subjective) thing I've noticed by the way is that big teams tend to squander budget they don't really need to on players that don't add so much to their play - i.e. Di Natale to Man U has happened in a couple of the games I've played.

Maybe slightly easier, don't have to tweak my tactics so often like I used to.

It's certainly easier for AI smaller teams to win AI bigger teams. I have just gone through 6 league matches and everyone has at least 1 loss.

Interestingly, Arsenal seems to be toned down drastically. They are languishing in 15th place already with only 1 win. Then again, could be just bad luck/fluke for Arsenal on my save.

I don't think the AI is dumber (ie made easier), but I think because of the tactic editor and changes in the ME, we are getting better with our tactics.

Alot of people is saying the players playing to the tactic they designed, and since most of us are at least somewhat literate in football tactics, it means our team also play better.

I don't agree with putting in a difficulty setting because than that imply there is a factor in adjusting AI to weigh it for difficulty. I prefer to think that we and the AI are playing on equal footing.

I've played with Paris-St-germain, and it seems that this team play like a world class team, with no human faults, nice passes, etc..

It's difficult to judge in few months of demo, but it seems that the lower team play the same smooth game as world class team, even if the result is logical ( world class win against lower team level )

For me, the results are logical, but I don't see very much a big difference when I see the matchs.

Maybe I'm an excellent manager ??? ( hi hi !! )

Well, if I were SI Games, I would definitely make the demo much easier so that customers have success and positive feelings and will be more likely to buy the game. :) I've only played two games with Brighton so far and in my second game I beat Hibernians 7-0... And I didn't really cared about tactics, I just picked the best eleven and set each player the role I thought they're most suitable for.

Someone mentioned lowered attributes for top teams. Players of Brighton are also much worse than they used to be in the earlier versions. The bad thing is, that it makes it much easier to improve your team significantly only by signing free agents.

I personally think the level of difficulty is spot on, there are many different types of gamer out there that enjoy FM all with different skill thresholds so if it becomes too hard these will be alienated, I have also noticed from speaking to some people, that even people who cheat will brag about their success and moan that something is too easy.

Does Sir Alex Ferguson think football management is too easy ? Or does John Barnes think its too hard ?

You are never going to please everyone.

Fm09....Fm10.. no change here... - im still watching my 18 heading 18 jumping 11 positioning 183cm central defender getting beat to headers by a 176cm 8 heading 8 jumping 8 positioning forward.... who manages to smash a lovely header onto the crossbar and i watch in dismay as the ball bounces of my gk's back into the back of the net with 8 minutes to go.

i shout 'overload' from the touchline and with my 'extended 3d matchview' I don't get to watch any of the last 8 minutes or 4 minutes of extra time for reasons i will never know.

at least show me why my 'overload' and 'get the ball forward' shouts from the touchline aren't working instead of jumping to the end of the game (having watched ALOT of the game till that point).

oh and is it me or are all the fans standing up? are we playing fm1988 or what?

I dont think that its especially easy or difficult. For those that think the demo is too easy can you tell me what you intend to do if SI adjust the difficulty and you suddenly find yourself loosing games that you would normally have won? I'll tell you what you'll do. You'll come on to this forum and complain that the game is now too hard. SI are in a no win situation here. I personally think that they should do nothing with the difficulty levels in the game.

Archived