Trying to run the demo: "The game is currently unavailable"

I downloaded the Strawberry demo via Steam and when I try to run it, a message comes up saying "The game is currently unavailable. Please try again at another time." I tried restarting my computer but it wouldn't help. When I tried to run the game by going to C: Program Files - Steam - Steam Apps - common - Football Manager 2010 Demo but there is FM10.exe (even though there should). What's wrong?

Had that message myself, the way I solved it was to completely close/logout of Steam, then restart it, logging back in, going to the FM10 demo file and attempting to launch it. It then "initialised FM10" which then allowed me to start the game. Somewhere along the line the download process has been interrupted and not completed is the only thing I can think of that has caused this to occur. Hope this is of some help.

Just spent another half an hour downloading the Vanilla demo from Mirror. I installed it and all but when I try to open the demo through the desktop icon it just "loads" for a second (nothing actually opens) and when I try again a few seconds later it says "Football Manager 2010 Demo is already running". The same thing happens when I try to open through Program Files -- Sports Interactive -- Football Manager 2010 Demo -- the FM10 Demo icon. I've also tried putting renaming the icon fm.exe but still not working.

Archived