Problems installing demo

When I try to install the demo, I get the message that InstallAnywhere is preparing to install, but once that reaches 100% it just disappears and nothing happens. This happened with both strawberry and vanilla versions. I'm using Windows 7 RC x86, I have the latest Java, and I even tried to run it in compatibility mode, but nothing helps :(. Help please. I've even tried to extract with WinRAR, but when I try to start the Setup FM2010 Demo.exe, nothing happens.

I installed the the demo on 2 Vista PC's and had similar problems on both. The problem is it didn't seem to appear anywhere. Wasn't under programs nor games. I went back to the downloads folder and it was in there. Once you find the right icon that loads the game you just need to shortcut it to the desktop.

I installed the the demo on 2 Vista PC's and had similar problems on both. The problem is it didn't seem to appear anywhere. Wasn't under programs nor games. I went back to the downloads folder and it was in there. Once you find the right icon that loads the game you just need to shortcut it to the desktop.

No, I don't have any fm2010.exe or footballmanager2010.exe on my computer. It didn't install at all.

I would suggest downloading the demo again, or right-clicking on the program and trying to run it in XP Compatibility mode via the properties. Let me know how you get on. Thanks.

I've already tried to run it in XP Compatibility mode, it didn't work. I have already downloaded the strawberry demo once and the vanilla demo once, and both shared the exact same problem.

dude i got the same problem i even did what you said but i still wont install i even tried exracting it to the desktop and it still didt work.

I'm getting similar message.

InstallAnywhere gets to 100% then comes up with a message saying 'please select another location to extract the insatller to'.

I've tried creating new folders in different locations with no luck.

I'm running Vista 64bit but have changed the application to run in XP compatability mode as suggested as well as updating Java files.

Any help appreciated as it's getting very frustrating waiting around!

Im having a similiar problem.

Download the demo and when its completet and attempt to open folder it just wont let me do anything.Tried opening a shortcut on desktop but when i click this takes me into extractor with no real options!!!

In previous years once opened it just loads up directly onto desktop.........but yet for some reason this is not happening!

I am having a problem with the demo as well. I have installed it completely. However, it gets to the Directx part and then says an updated version is already installed and does not bother installng anything.

I then get a message which tells me the installation was not complete. When I try to launch the game the following error comes up.

Football Manager Demo 10.0.1f80739 has stopped working.

I am using Vista. Any help would be much appreciated.

• Administrators

Could you all please list what demo you are downloading (say PC Strawberry etc), where you are downloading it from (the Mirror website/torrent etc), and what the file size is of what you've downloaded.

This way we can figure out if one of the links isn't working correctly and fix it ASAP. Many thanks.

I downloaded the Vanilla version from the Mirror site and it would not open, asking me what application did I want to use to open it as it did not recognise the application. I have tried to download again but for several times it showed web page error.

Could you all please list what demo you are downloading (say PC Strawberry etc), where you are downloading it from (the Mirror website/torrent etc), and what the file size is of what you've downloaded.

This way we can figure out if one of the links isn't working correctly and fix it ASAP. Many thanks.

It seems people posting in this thread have various problems. The problem I have is that InstallAnywhere preparation finishes and then nothing happens (Setup FM2010.exe is run, but nothing shows on the screen and it quits after a second or two). The problem seems to be shared by Orlaneo, vkastanas, Steve Watling, and Nati814. I have downloaded PC Vanilla from Mirrorfootball with 274MB, and PC Strawberry from, I believe, Filefront with 999MB. Same problem with both.

Hi mate,

I have downloaded the Vanilla version from the Mirror website.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the reply mate. At least your trying to help me.

I have actually got past the Directx problem. The game now "succesfully installed" message comes up. However, when I try to launch the game I get the same problem. as posted before.

Yes but even though it says "A more current version of DirectX is already installed" it doesn't mean it actually works. I have had this in the past with games and it worked when I uninstalled my current version of DirectX and let the game install the version it wanted to.

Worth a try, surely?

Archived