Vanilla Demo - Not Working

Installed fine. Direct X gave me the option to install but when i tried it said 'Direct X setup has determined that a newer or equivalent version of Direct X has been installed already. No installation is necessary.'. Fine, continued with the installation which finished and all was dandy.

I click the icon to open it up and i get presented with this - "Cannot run game. Failed to set up graphics system". I have uninstalled and tried again, nothing. I have tried downloading Direct X directly from the Microsoft website and it tells me the same, i have the latest version.

What's wrong SI?

• SI Staff
Installed fine. Direct X gave me the option to install but when i tried it said 'Direct X setup has determined that a newer or equivalent version of Direct X has been installed already. No installation is necessary.'. Fine, continued with the installation which finished and all was dandy.

I click the icon to open it up and i get presented with this - "Cannot run game. Failed to set up graphics system". I have uninstalled and tried again, nothing. I have tried downloading Direct X directly from the Microsoft website and it tells me the same, i have the latest version.

What's wrong SI?

Try updating your graphics driver to the latest version.

Archived