First patch for FM10

Does anybody know when the first patch will be released, or when it is usually released? (I forget)

I know this question seems a bit premature but I'm wondering because the fact that the demo is the gold demo means that this is the final version of the game to be released in 2 wks. This has put me off slightly as some of the data seems inaccurate. Walcott and Vermaelen for example.

(I've even cancelled my pre-order - a hasty decision and I will probably re-place my order)

Vermaelen has already proved himself as a good premiership defender yet only receives 2.5 stars in coach report and only has one attribute over 15. There are many more attribute inaccuracies (in my opinion).

Anyways I was just wondering when the first patch would be released as I'm sure many inaccuracies will be addressed and attributes will be updated and be more real to life.

Does anybody know when the first patch will be released, or when it is usually released? (I forget)

I know this question seems a bit premature but I'm wondering because the fact that the demo is the gold demo means that this is the final version of the game to be released in 2 wks. This has put me off slightly as some of the data seems inaccurate. Walcott and Vermaelen for example.

(I've even cancelled my pre-order - a hasty decision and I will probably re-place my order)

Vermaelen has already proved himself as a good premiership defender yet only receives 2.5 stars in coach report and only has one attribute over 15. There are many more attribute inaccuracies (in my opinion).

Anyways I was just wondering when the first patch would be released as I'm sure many inaccuracies will be addressed and attributes will be updated and be more real to life.

The patch wont have any data updates i dont think thats for new year patch if this is the only reason your putting off buying the game then ive got to say big mistake

Why not edit the said players via the data editor?

I know, I will replace my order. I was also thinking I may be better not getting it as I have UCAS and coursework to juggle in the midst of my FM playing time (and that is usually A LOT of playing time), so I just cancelled it. However, I'm going to play the demo more and I'm sure I will like it.

I do remember last year's first patch had slight data changes (Harry Redknapp to Tottenham etc.) so I'm hopeful that this year's one will.

So if anyone from SI can tell me if it will? Or if anyone knows when it gets released?

easy to fix those stats in pre-game editor all by yourself if you think it is wrong.

Yep I know but I've promised myself not to go near the data editor this year so I can play the game without knowing CAs and PAs which I feel will make it more fun and challenging.

I know, I will replace my order. I was also thinking I may be better not getting it as I have UCAS and coursework to juggle in the midst of my FM playing time (and that is usually A LOT of playing time), so I just cancelled it. However, I'm going to play the demo more.

I do remember last year's first patch had slight data changes (Harry Redknapp to Tottenham etc.) so I'm hopeful that this year's one will.

So if anyone from SI can tell me if it will? Or if anyone knows when it gets released?

The full game not out yet mate so to want a release date for a patch already is comical :eek:

Vermaelen is a new signing, so the Arsenal researcher wont touch him until the next big data update in february. Only factual data will be updated for patches, so you can forget about Vermaelen being changed.

If you dont want to play the game with Vermaelen as he is and you dont want to use the data editor, then wait about six months before playing the game.

SI have said that they will evaluate the feedback from the commumity and any bugs raised in the testing cycle but not yet fixed, before deciding on any patch release.

Attribute values are not necessarily inaccuracies as they are down to the opinion of the individual club researchers. If you feel that some are wrong, by all means pass on your thoughts in the relevant thread in the Data forum, but remember that just because you think threy may be wrong, doesnt make them inaccurate as opinions always differ.

Archived