Basque

Okay a member on another forum has asked a very intriuging question regarding the "Pays Basque" rule that is inforced in Atletico Bilbao.

The question was wether any part of the game could be changed to make other team be only allowed to sign players from certain areas.

I.E Change the code so that player in the N.I league cannot sign players from abroad.

Thanks.

I believe it is hard coded and not something that can be changed using the editor.

I suppose somebody could theoretically reverse engineer it and then include extra code if they had an extremely large amount of time on their hands, but that would be extremely illegal.

Originally posted by Peter G:

Okay a member on another forum has asked a very intriuging question regarding the "Pays Basque" rule that is inforced in Atletico Bilbao.

The question was wether any part of the game could be changed to make other team be only allowed to sign players from certain areas.

I.E Change the code so that player in the N.I league cannot sign players from abroad.

Thanks.

Can't be done icon_frown.gif As already mentuioned because of the hard coding. It's a pity. I wanted to make some promising teams for Scotland, Ireland and Wales that could only sign home nation (excluding England) players to see what would happen, but there's no way to enforce the 'rule'.

Originally posted by pelicanstuff:

See the other thread on this, making these kinds of things editable would introduce thousands of potential new issues as SI tries to anticipate all the weird things that people would do with them.

That is true. It's hard to know what knock on effect certain changes would have without a lot of testing. For example trying to get the AI to deal with buying only certain nationalities, the academies producing the correct players, altering fan expectations to meet that of a team with a limited pool etc. Each of those on it's own could cause a vast amount of unknowns to crop up (which with progressive seasons could compound).

That said, maybe if it was introduced as a Beta-use-at-your-own-risk feature? And then enthusiasts could essentially do a lot of the groundwork. SI wouldn't have to worry about testing it all in the first instance, we would get more options in regards to editing. The game, and editor, would be functional within certain (as sold) parameters. Anything beyond that would be at the User's risk.

Archived