Help! Mac demo doesn't load up once installed!

Hi guys,

i've installed the STEAM version for mac, i'm running Leopard with this spec : Mac OSX verions 10.5.8

2.2 gHZ intel core 2 duo

2 gb ram

nVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT

The game installed perfectly, but when i load the app the game just crashes. It doesn't even load the start screen.

(The application football manager 2010 v 10. 0.1 f 80744 quit unexpectedly)

PLEASE HELP!

• SI Staff

Yea you might want to try reinstalling, something may have gone wrong with the initial install.

EDIT: you've just posted above me, did you delete the 'Sports Interactive' folders from User > Library > Caches and User > Library > Preferences before you reinstalled? It's worth trying that

Well, I can not even install my game on my mac, when I have unzipped the file, I click on the install file, but nothings happens. I have a macbook pro 13´Intel Core 2 Duo 2, 53 ghz, with 4 gb ram3 and a NVIDIA GeForce 9400M card. And i have snow leopard

I spoke with apple, and they said that it might be a problem by SI, because the specifications are not updatet to snow leopard?

Freddy

Yea you might want to try reinstalling, something may have gone wrong with the initial install.

EDIT: you've just posted above me, did you delete the 'Sports Interactive' folders from User > Library > Caches and User > Library > Preferences before you reinstalled? It's worth trying that

Yep, just tried that and it's still crashing. any ideas? thanks guys.

You may want to try redownloading the installer, its possible you were unlucky enough to get a corrupted download or something

Downloaded another installer, STILL doesn't work, i've tried deleting the SI file in the user/library folder, i've installed it in apps&MACHD// and its still crashing.

please help

Can you post a bit more detailed specs please? VRAM in particular would be helpful

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro3,1

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2.2 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 4 MB

Memory: 2 GB

Bus Speed: 800 MHz

GeForce 8600M GT:

Chipset Model: GeForce 8600M GT

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 128 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0407

Revision ID: 0x00a1

ROM Revision: 3175

• SI Staff

VRAM is below spec so that leads me to think that your machine is struggling with the splash screens but other people with the same have been able to get it going so i'm a bit stumped here to be honest. Does your machine struggle with FM09?

How big is the file you downloaded? If you're trying to get the strawberry and it wasn't 979mb, you managed to get an incorrect file. I found a few of them yesterday while downloading. Have to be careful!

My installer file is 986.2MB, is that a problem??

Also i've had no problems on ANY of the previous football manager games installed on this computer. What else can i do really?

I'm a bit stumped if i'm honest, you've definitely been deleting the Cache, Preference and Log files before each install?

I've been deleting the folder from MACHD// > USERS > ARMAND > LIBRARY > CACHES > SPORTS INTERACTIVE.

is this correct??

• SI Staff

Also from MACHD?// > Users > Armand > Library > Preference

and

MACHD// > Users > Armand > Library > Logs

As well as the folder in 'Applications' obviously so the game is uninstalled, make sure you empty your trash can then try again

Also from MACHD?// > Users > Armand > Library > Preference

and

MACHD// > Users > Armand > Library > Logs

As well as the folder in 'Applications' obviously so the game is uninstalled, make sure you empty your trash can then try again

Okay, so i've deleted all from the above, trashed them and reinstalled.......and it still doesn't work. I give up.

Well, I can not even install my game on my mac, when I have unzipped the file, I click on the install file, but nothings happens. I have a macbook pro 13´Intel Core 2 Duo 2, 53 ghz, with 4 gb ram3 and a NVIDIA GeForce 9400M card. And i have snow leopard

I spoke with apple, and they said that it might be a problem by SI, because the specifications are not updatet to snow leopard?

Freddy

I have the exact same specifications as you on my macbook with Snow Leopard, and I installed it without any problem whatsoever.

Can you try opening the game with 'Console' open and see if that can shed any light on the issue

15/10/2009 15:47:41 com.apple.launchd[109] ([0x0-0x29029].com.sigames.eur.FootballManager2010Demo[275]) Exited abnormally: Bus error

15/10/2009 15:47:41 com.google.Desktop.Daemon[236] 2009-10-15 15:47:41 GoogleDesktopDae[236] 0xb02ab000 Worker failed while sending the import path "/Users/Armand/Library/Application Support/CrashReporter/Intervals_00000000-0000-1000-8000-001B63949AAB.plist"

• SI Staff

Google desktop seems to be the issue then. I have never used it at all but a quick google suggests that it causes a lot of problems on 10.5 so it might be worth closing/uninstalling that. Unfortunately I have no idea how to go about doing this as i've never used it

Guys, I am also having problems installing the demo on my Mac. I have tried vanilla and strawberry but no dice. I keep getting a FM icon with a grey shaded circle striking through it. Has anyone else come across this? Will FM2010 only run on Intel Macs?

first , sorry for my bad english !!

i had this problam , due to administrator rights , and i tried to install it in the other volume that i maked .

and it worked fine !!

like this :-

jicekfg540ic9t1b0lvf.png

inside time , try it , might work .

again , sorry for may bad English , hope I can be more useful !!

• SI Staff
Guys, I am also having problems installing the demo on my Mac. I have tried vanilla and strawberry but no dice. I keep getting a FM icon with a grey shaded circle striking through it. Has anyone else come across this? Will FM2010 only run on Intel Macs?

Yes i'm afraid the PowerPC processor is unsupported :(

Archived