Yes Or No To The New Layout Of FM2010

Yes Or No To The New Layout Of FM2010  

261 members have voted

1. 1. Yes Or No To The New Layout Of FM2010

• Yes I like the layout off the skin
    • No I dont like it

I really like the layout and I like the look of the dark version. Some pages could use some tidying up, and the match screens would be better if they had logos in the top header again and kits on the overview page, but overall it's far ahead of the bland 09 layout that looked like a glorified excel spreadsheet.

Generally its ok. I'll get used to it and it still 'feels' like FM. (not sure how they do that, guess its like a favourite restaurant moving everything and redecorating but somehow keeping it how you like it).

Anyway, two things - firstly, in a player's profile, the 'personal', 'contract', and 'transfer' screens have way too much white space. We learn in school to fill space up like that.

Secondly - on the 'comparison' screen, how small is the overview graph!? If two players are very similar (admittedly you would use more indepth methods of comparison in this instance) then the lines are indistinguishable.

There also seems to be a lot more clicks, I have to say, especially in a match screen. To access say 'player ratings', seems a lot more faff, with smaller buttons to go for. If you're using a track pad I'm not sure this works.

Imagine I'll get used to it, but just a few thoughts.

I cant seem to access the dark skin as I am using the mirrorfootball demo, but after a little while it takes some getting used to it. The only thing I can say to those struggling with the new style is just remember that you've been using the old style for probably well over a year now - just remember what it was like going from the older CM games to FM when the series started off, people were saying then that the skin was not as good it is usually only down to change. :)

Glad that the whole game runs a lot faster then the FM09, however this could be down to the fact its a demo with a much smaller database etc...

I like it actually. It sort of reminds me of FIFA Manager a bit, not as fancy but easier to use. It will take a little while to get used to it for sure, but the more I have tested it now the more I get the hang of it and it is better than before I think.

The only problem I have is the constant bad skins/background color SI seem to use. The layout is fine, but whoever thought a bright white background was a good idea...yeah, thankfully someone had a good idea to at least have a dark skin as an option (really should be standard IMHO!). The white one seriously made my eyes bleed just minutes into playing the demo. ;)

I agree with what most people are saying, the new layout makes more sense once you get used to it. Every tab is in the right place and more visible. I also think it is sexy.

Can anyone confirm that there will be the option to use the FM09 style skin on the new game....?

Can anyone confirm that there will be the option to use the FM09 style skin on the new game....?

well that is wot there saying but only if you buy though steam ..and not the box game

but give it awile and someone will make a skin i guess

If you run FM with steam then you get a special steam skin that is apparently similar to FM09

I think the skin is fab! Changed to the dark skin as looks way better! I was confused to start with where it seemed that none of the shortcuts were there anymore but u can add them by right clicking!(AMAZING) :thup:

The only thing i am gonna change is the font colours for the attributes as i like them to be clearer

to me the new skin kind of brings the game to a new age. I know it is only a visual change but it makes the game feel so much more modern rather than something out of the early 90's.

ARGEE 100% when you get used to it you will love it it feels high tech and modern !

If the white version was the sole option, I'd go as far as saying that the entire game would be unplayable without wearing sunglasses.

Thankfully, the dark version is absolutely brilliant. It's not outdated at all; especially compared to the "frame webpage" look of the previous FMs.

I'm unsure atm, but voted yes as I'm pretty sure once I'm used to it it'll definitely be quicker to navigate through things. It's nice to have quite a drastic change as well, especially as FM08 and FM09 were very similar

Archived