1024x600 netbook users...

Can anyone confirm if they added this res to the display settings this year?

I'll find out when i get home from work and download it but i'm too impatient!

I own an Asus N10j, will post some reviews of the demo both using the Intel GMA and the NVIDIA 9400GM options later tonight, as well as with overclocking enabled / disabled.

same has last year they didn't adapt the skin to netbooks , the guy who made the netbook skin last year will remake it this year

oh man, thats a real shame.

strange too, as I'm sure some of the SI people posted in the 09 thread about the same issue saying its something they are aware of, and doesnt seem to be that hard to implement.

ah well, luckily i have the option to stretch to 1024x768 on my netbook

Well i've just given it a quick whirl. it only runs if you use the -windowed -small_screen option that FM09 used. otherwise it doesnt open in INTEL graphics mode, at least on mine.

once its loaded up it seems playable, however when i got to my first press conference i couldnt read or respond to the questions very well because they were hidden as the screens not big enough!

so it looks like we'll need a specific netbook skin like last year...

Right, been playing solidly on my Asus N10J for the last few evenings.

Speed is great, the match engine and tactics screens are way more responsive than last year. Processing is also good apart from the odd match (seems to be internationals where your players are involved?) where it grinds to a halt a bit. Overclocking the Atom to 2ghz helps this quite a bit, as i'm sure does the 2gb RAM this netbook has.

This is all at a stretched resolution of 1024x768 mind, using the "Power" mode of NVIDIA 9400GM. I'll have to wait for a netbook skin to come out before I can have a go at 1024x600 on standard intel graphics, although i did manage to get the game to run, i can't read some of the text at press conferences (including the confirm button lol)

Cheers for the feedback.

Managed to get the game up and running on my Netbook and ran well until press conference.... Any ideas on how long it normally takes for a netbook skin to appear?

(Normally play on desktop but abroad at the mo and only have a netbook)

Ta

• 1 year later...

For those who are interested, I have played the FM11 Demo on the Eee 1015PN Netbook, and the game seems to run surprisingly well. The 3D Match Engine runs quite smoothly, and the Processing Speed between the matches seems, in my opinion, acceptable.

Although the model comes only with 1GB of Memory, I think it would likely do better with another Gig, which I'll be getting in soon. I also upgraded the OS to Seven Home Premium and Chucked out the HDD for a Solid State.

As for the 1024 X 600, it is unfortunate that there is no skin that comes out for this resolution, but I look forward to playing with the Netbook Skin once it comes out (I played the Demo through an external monitor in Windowed Mode instead).

I have a notebook, with an 1366x768 display, and even when that resolution exists, I can't play in windowed mode because there is some text missing/scrolls bars everywhere... I have used the netbook skin in windowed mode, and it works like a charm... I will have to stick to fullscreen until the netbook screen is released..

I guess it's more that they don't want to support netbooks officially. Offering a skin will people make think they do.

Why do they want to do that? But it seems you are right afterall. It has been about 2 years since this issue was raised. Is it that difficult to include a netbook skin for netbook users? I doubt this will affect the match engine as other fixes for bugs may do.

Archived