How fast to PA dimish?

I'm finding it frustrating how fast it falls... I sign a player who reaches good prem from Chelsea to my tycoon owned Championship side... and in less than a month he now maxes at good championship level? I have good training as my other team develop tons of wonderkids, it seems t only happen when a player drops down a division to my Grimsby side?

I find it hard to believe a player will never get as good as once thought because he's played in the championship for three weeks with top facilities, coaches and training. Yet I'm positive if I'd taken this kid to my Man City side, that i'd have not had this issue (as is the case with other signings)

So why does PA bomb so drastically in such a short space of time?

Either your scouts overestimated his ability or your scout was right and your coaches are underestimating his ability. If you only scouted them for one game the scout was probably off, otherwise your coaches are probably very poor at JPA.

Three different scouts at two different clubs with 20/20... the best scouts in the world were all wrong? The keeper had several premiership sides wanting him also, was the big hope for England's next #1 and now he can't reach his ability. So what in those three weeks happened to his CA (without changing his stats) that makes it impossible to reach his original PA of a Good premiership player?

Or your coaches aren't very good at judging players.

I'd agree if they weren't the top scouts in the world...

1. Sounds like a simple matter of bad form

2. Serious injuries do not affect PA, they lower CA

I thought perhaps form also, but it seems unfair to say the keeper will never be premiership quality suddenly after 4 games and he suffered no injuries in that 3 weeks.

1. Sounds like a simple matter of bad form

2. Serious injuries do not affect PA, they lower CA

While the level of PA doesnt actually lower, if you check Genie Scout sometimes a player can't reach his set PA level and for example may fall 10 points short of it meaning it does kind of reduce. This could be what the other poster meant.

Once a player is at your club your scouts don't report on them anymore your coaches do. Are your coaches also world class at JCA and JPA?

I have two clubs, my world dominating club scouted the player for the small team (run by my brother) and they said Good prem (after 3 matches being watched), both scouts did aswell as my brothers scout. Yet almost instantly after signing to Grimsby from Chelsea, my Man City scouts reported him as good championship?

Yes they're world class with 20 JCA/JPA and Youngsters and high determination etc... so it kinda makes no sense at all that signing a piece of paper and playing 4 games reduces his potential that rapidly.

A player's PA can decrease after several serious injuries.

Simply not true. The value is fixed.

Scouts however will tend to lower a players potential if he is not playing, progressing, or doing well.

Example, I buy a young starlet with whopping potential but leave him in the reserves for a year, his potential will drop as he is not presently fulfilling it.

Well it is most likely the fact that the accuracy of scouts was reduced in on FM09 patches. So a 20/20 scout will not be 100% accurate in judging a players CA or PA. It's meant to reflect the difficulty of scouting players and predicting their future abilities. It's especially hard scouting players at lower divisions clubs. I think it's more fun this way, if you want to know the actual ability of a player you'll ahve to use a scouting program.

It's possible the club he's gone to has worse training facilities, and coupled with being at a team playing a lower standard of football, they might not think he can improve quickly enough to reach the level they though he would reach before. Or they could have just modified their opinion having looked at him a larger number of times.

• SI Staff
If the PA decreases after several injuries, is it then possible for the PA to increase? I thought the PA is static?

PA is static, it does not change as was already stated above. Serious injuries can affect player progress (either slowing down progress or even causing a set back), but that means his CA is affected but not PA.

Archived