MAC demo freezes on Tactics Screen

You're quite a way below spec there for RAM and your graphics card, that is probably what is causing the issue. Is the crash happening on the tactics screen when in a match or just in normal game time?

Just in normal game time. It ran FM09 fine though (apart from the 3D match of course, which I don't mind)...

I assume those tech specs are right, but is there a way to confirm that on my comp, rather than just checking the apple website?

Thanks...

Yea if you click the Apple logo in the top left of your screen then select 'About this Mac' then 'More Information' you'll find everything you need in the 'System Profiler' which will have opened

Ok, it says: Processor: 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory: 1 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

• SI Staff

Yea your RAM is definitely below minimum specs. You might want to try clearing out your Cache files as that sometimes helps:

Delete the 'Sports Interactive' folder from User > Library > Caches & User > Library > Preferences and restart the game, it may help

Yea your RAM is definitely below minimum specs. You might want to try clearing out your Cache files as that sometimes helps:

Delete the 'Sports Interactive' folder from User > Library > Caches & User > Library > Preferences and restart the game, it may help

Nope, still not working. So is my macbook just not going to be able to handle it?

• SI Staff

I can't think of what else it might be, i've certainly not encountered this crash whilst testing the demo on any of the Macs in our office. There could be something wrong with the actual system I guess but I couldn't be sure what it would be

I can't think of what else it might be, i've certainly not encountered this crash whilst testing the demo on any of the Macs in our office. There could be something wrong with the actual system I guess but I couldn't be sure what it would be

Well, good news...did a fresh install, and it works fine!

I'm not sure that there was any difference in the two installs, but if I think of one I'll post it here for anyone else who may have the same problem. Thanks for your help...

Archived