Match Speeds FM10

Anyone else frustrated with the lack of intermediate match speeds? Highest notch is a little too fast. Next notch down is slightly too slow. The absolute lowest notch is unwatchable. Why such an emphasis on slowness? I like to watch my games fairly rapidly - but it seems I can only use the highest notch for this. Denied.

This was true of FM09 also, it's not just relevant to this new demo.

I found that dragging the button all the way along the slider to the right and then clicking to the left of the button produced a speed I was happy with. It's not a speed I can achieve by moving the slider button manually though :confused:

Anyone else frustrated with the lack of intermediate match speeds? Highest notch is a little too fast. Next notch down is slightly too slow. The absolute lowest notch is unwatchable. Why such an emphasis on slowness? I like to watch my games fairly rapidly - but it seems I can only use the highest notch for this. Denied.

This was true of FM09 also, it's not just relevant to this new demo.

Speed issues (i mean slider variations) where fixed after patch in fm 08 or fm 09

I dodnt understand why that slider only has predefined options available. How hard would it be to implement an analog slider? Its probably just a number that is passed to the match engine. No reason to hide this from a user.

BTW: are we still stuck with only one slider for everything? If thats still the case then its always going to be either way too fast or way too slow.

My complaint is about the default or middle speed. Funnily enough, there are certain actions (ball travelling) which are at just the right speed on the default speed setting, but then other actions like players movement or running which are too fast. It produces a very unrealistic effect. The ball should, in most cases, travel quicker than a player can run. This stood out for me in the few matches of the demo I played.

I lowered it one click and was too slow. Up one click was even worse.

I think this is something vital to game enjoyment and should be taken another look at for a patch. Those who have no complaints about the current speed probably won't notice a slight tweak to perfect it either. I think.....

Archived