Will it ever be possible.... p.s Great Job S.I

Will it ever be possible to adapt a save game from a previous version to a new incarnation of FM? This for me would truly be the icing on the cake.

Regarding FM2010 - thank you S.I - a quality and really classy game. I have had every CM/FM ever and this version is well and truly a great step forward. The new tactical wizard is exceptional and the 3d graphics are greatly improved. Playing in the real stadiums makes the match day experience infinitely better than before. Furthermore being able to customise my screens is amazing and a small thing that makes an enormous difference - i can have my game exactly as i want it.

The only small gripe I have is also with customising the screens I have found that when you add to many columns they just dissapear off the edge of the screen and it is impossible to resize the extreme right column.

Well done all at S.I. Quality work!!

I wouldn't have thought it would ever be possible to make the FM series backwards compatitable at any stage as the code used for each version is generally so different - if you used a save from FM07 it would have very little of the infomation needed to run FM10

I had hopes of this when SI joined up with the Out of the Park Baseball folks as their game IS backwards compatible, but SI have pretty much made it known that this sort of thing isn't happening any time soon. Then again, who thought we'd ever have 3D? :-)

• SI Staff

If all the league around the world would stop updating their damn rules each year, then it might be possible.

Unless that happens, which is unlikely, it's not going to happen unfortunately.

It would also be impossible to test.

Now, if all leagues around the world had identical rules, and identical financial models etc, then it would be a possibility. Again, it's unlikely to happen.

If all the league around the world would stop updating their damn rules each year, then it might be possible.

Unless that happens, which is unlikely, it's not going to happen unfortunately.

It would also be impossible to test.

Now, if all leagues around the world had identical rules, and identical financial models etc, then it would be a possibility. Again, it's unlikely to happen.

I understand - 'twas just an dream!

Thanks for the response, and well done and thankyou, again, for a really great game

With different tables in a database it will be very difficult and time consuming. I do not think it will be possible unless they do not add/delete any tables in the database.

Just remember that the Touchline feature probsbly means a new table was created.

Archived