Transfer fees

Has anyone noticed that clubs are asking way too much for players. I mean Iv tried to sign

Balotelli (valued at 5.75mil) and they rejected up until 25mil.

Pjanic (valued at 4.9mil) rejected another 25mil bid and

Aguero ( valued at 17.25mil) I couldnt get nothing under his relase clause at 52mil.

Am i just trying to sign the wrong players or something??? I kinda understand the Ageuro deal tho, because hes got huge potential and known world wide, but the other 2. Im not spending 5x ther value.

Other than that I just want to say i had no trouble with downloading the demo from steam or on the setup/installation. It was all very quick even the fm loading screens and stuff . And im loving the new layout, the skin could be a bit better tho :thup:

I'd say FINALLY!! :) - Thank god SI for every release of FM make it a bit harder to sign star players for cheap prizes.. of course is should be possible, but it's always been to easy to create a world class team with limited funds.. Which is not possible IRL (except some rare occasions perhaps).. Quality costs, end of!

ive just had to pay the release of aguero for my man utd save but that is pretty realstic since im sure i read some where that athletico would only let him go if his release clause was met irl

Well no wonder really by the Argentine he's dubbed the new Maradona so i think it's realistic to pay so much for him.

I managed to sign Angel Di Maria for 4.3mil when his value is 4mil. So I would say it's those players your targetting. Players will also be cheaper if they have less years on there contract. So check those guys, they could have 5 year contracts making them more expensive.

What do you expect?

If the players are not transfer listed then the club doesnt want to sell them, why should they settle for the players asking price when they want to keep him.

Stop going after players who arent for sale, or accept that you need to pay over the odds for such players.

i was trying to buy axel witsel(worth: about 1,3 mil pounds) from standard liege, but they wanted 17 mil pounds, i think thats not realistic, but in other hand everton bought from the same club fellaini for 17,5 mil...

i was trying to buy axel witsel(worth: about 1,3 mil pounds) from standard liege, but they wanted 17 mil pounds, i think thats not realistic, but in other hand everton bought from the same club fellaini for 17,5 mil...

I don't know him or he's potential but if he's young and maybe a good future ahead of him then that's the answer, standard liege probably won't get him back ever again so getting a hefty profit is their aim.

in real life that is +- their asking price too :)

Defour and witsel are not allowed to leave under the price of 20 mil euros!!

Look at transfers in real life. They have all gone up again. The world record would of been broken 3 times this summer prior to it.

Teams want to hold onto their prospects that they have nutured. Would you let your possible world beater go for less than £20m?

NO!

I had a few hours playing time last night, and I must say I actually think transfer fees are much more realistic. I didn't pay over the odds for under 20's, whereas in FM09 no matter what you offered it would always be increased (nearly doubled at times) and you'd get stuck in an infinite loop.

I also went for players like Dzeko, Jovetic, Moutinho, Rafinha, and Van Der Vaart with a bid of around 10-15m - they were all accepted which was pleasing.

I haven't gone for a world class / irreplaceable player yet - I would have thought you would pay a little more, which again is very realistic according to today's current market.

Not realistic?

Last year Man Utd inquired about what Standard de Liege would want for Wistel;

the response was: 24 million euro (= 21 million GBP).

Pundits agreed that this was a bit excessive and said price should have been between 15 and 20 million euro (= 13.5 million GBP - 18 million GBP)

source:

http://belgiumsoccer.be/nieuws/index2.php?option=com_content&do_pdf=1&id=14234

It's totally realistic...

Man City, Real Madrid and Chelsea have inflated the market for the very top talent. It's about right this year, I think.

Balotelli isn't just a hot prospect, he's a hot prospect who plays regularly. A Rooney-type situation IMO.

Aguero is one of the top scorers in Spain the past couple of years AND a hot prospect. Think of the prices paid for E'to, even Adebayour (who scored less in two seasons than Aguero did last year and is several years older).

A club who has a player they don't want to sell will quote the highest possible price to either fend you off or make them rich. It's how football works. Someone was complaining in another thread, they were quoted a ridiculous price for Jon Arne Riise, but as a first choice player at a big club, it perfectly reasonable to quote a high price.

However, with FM10, if you bid £15million for Riise and they ask for £27m, you can probably get him for around £22m. Unlike in FM09 where you'd get a second quote for £30million.

It cost me £22m to bring in Akinfeev to Arsenal despite getting him unsettled... I have read others say they got him for £12m in their game though, so I think there is possibly a chance that the club will sometimes let a very good player for a reduced price. On the negative side that was almost my whole budget, on the plus the fans have taken to him and Arshavin is pleased to have him around.

Has anyone noticed that clubs are asking way too much for players. I mean Iv tried to sign

Balotelli (valued at 5.75mil) and they rejected up until 25mil.

Pjanic (valued at 4.9mil) rejected another 25mil bid and

Aguero ( valued at 17.25mil) I couldnt get nothing under his relase clause at 52mil.

Am i just trying to sign the wrong players or something??? I kinda understand the Ageuro deal tho, because hes got huge potential and known world wide, but the other 2. Im not spending 5x ther value.

Other than that I just want to say i had no trouble with downloading the demo from steam or on the setup/installation. It was all very quick even the fm loading screens and stuff . And im loving the new layout, the skin could be a bit better tho :thup:

Put the ball on the other foot, would you sell these players to another team for the prices you're bidding?

Put the ball on the other foot, would you sell these players to another team for the prices you're bidding?

I totally understand why teams don't sell their best prospects for cheap but why players valuation is so low? IMO it should be closer to the potential transfer fee to get a better picture of his actual fee when considering a bid. Or at least clubs should be telling a possible fee they would consider as it's very stupid that players valuation is like 5millions and you need to bid at least like 20 to get him!

I agree that the fees seem very high, but i also when you try to exchange the clubs reject some crazy offers. In an attempt to sign Chiellini from Juventus I offered in exchange:

Vidic,

Valencia, who they tried to sign,

Ben Foster, who they tried to sign,

Michael Carrick

and Park Ji-Sung, who carries (or should) his own commercial value; they immediately rejected it, is this really likely?

I would have thought that Vidic and Chiellini were fairly equal, with maybe Vidic having the higher profile, never mind the rest who would make up half a new team made up of champions league winning players for a club who havent won the champions league for over ten years.

just for fun in addition to the players already in the deal I included:

Anderson

Tosic and

Wayne Rooney

rejected immediately,

so in the ultra realistic FM world

Vidic

Valencia

Foster

Carrick

Park Ji sung

Anderson

Tosic

Rooney

still isnt enough to sign Chiellini. :)

I agree that the fees seem very high, but i also when you try to exchange the clubs reject some crazy offers. In an attempt to sign Chiellini from Juventus I offered in exchange:

Vidic,

Michael Carrick

and Park Ji-Sung, who carries (or should) his own commercial value; they immediately rejected it, is this really likely?

I would have thought that Vidic and Chiellini were fairly equal, with maybe Vidic having the higher profile, never mind the rest who would make up half a new team made up of champions league winning players for a club who havent won the champions league for over ten years.

It's a case of them not wanting/being able to afford all of those players. Also for the second example where you added recent signings Juventus know these players wont leave you to join them. It's a waste of their time.

I offered 25m for Chiellini as manager of Man City and they accepted instantly.

Vidic,

Michael Carrick

Well they likely wouldn't be able to afford the wages for all those players...

I had a go at trying to get Aguero too, with Arsenal. Offered my entire budget and they turned it down. Tryed to unsettle him but he was having none of it either. To be honest, it used to be far to easy to get him.

Still van der Vaart for £7.5m... can't complain about that.

IF, if the game is as sophisticated as you suggest, rejecting deals before the negotiation stage over potential wage structure issues or whether a player (who has been transfer listed) would sign, wouldnt they come back and say, ok keep all the rest but we'll discuss a deal involving only Rooney, or Ferdinand- Juventus would im sure make sure they'd be able to afford either's wages.

AI acceptance prices have always been particularly high, sometimes just a little over the top, and whilst at the moment as people try to buy players this aspect gets huge exposure. With the AI rejecting 3 and 4 times the asking price, will they be offering the same type of deal for one of your players in order to obtain him? If not, then the market will remain unbalanced.

Note to HarryMills: In terms of exchanging many of your top players for another top player that you really have no intention of buying under these circumstances. I would agree when I have tried to buy a player and being rejected then I will say for example, if I want to buy Fernando Torres and I make a bid of £0m plus I offer in exchange Messi, Xavi, Ibrahimovic, Iniesta, and Alves then it will definatley get rejected irrespective of whether or not these players would want to leave. If you were Liverpool then you would bite their hand off. I guess it is unrealistic but the way part exchanges have been since I played the cm 96/97 have always been the same the AI clubs will rarely accept part exchanges even if the offer is immense! :)

That's as maybe, but my point was to question whether the game recognises the real value of exchanges, i'm not sure it does.

I'm not sure you can really use that deal as a test of whether the game recognised real value in exchanges because of the assumptions you're making. You're assuming that

A) They want the players

B) Can afford the players

C) They think the players are willing to come

D) They've put a similar value on their player as you have

E) Don't mind the impact the arrivals will have on players already there

If they don't want all the players then there's no reason for them to take the deal, likewise if they can't afford them. If they don't think the players are willing to come then it becomes a bit of a joke deal to them and they rightly shouldn't even bother to neogiate.

Also if they really don't want to let their player go then they might not regardless of the players you put in. Unless they view one of the players you offer as a direct and better replacement then then deal doesn't offer a great deal of value to them. They might have lots of players they can eventually sell on for a profit but that doesn't help them with a replacement in the short term. Personally in FM I've turned down lots of big deals for players simply because I've known that it would take too long, and be too risky to find a replacement.

I'd imagine in this case you'd have a much better chance of getting the player if you put in a big money bid. They'd have money they could reinvest in a player as soon as they liked, and they wouldn't have to accomodate anything extra in the wage budget or balance because of incoming wages and signing on fee's :)

The problem i have with this is why is their value set that low when they are clearly valued higher :\

yes I agree however the come up with the "estimated value" is completely weird and always as been. If nobody will sell a player for that low of price, then how can his estimated value be that price?

Could be wrong but I think the estimated value is based on things like wage and contract length. Which is why player values can drop towards the end of their contract. Which makes sense, difficult to justify a huge transfer fee for a player who'll be going for free very soon :)

I'd take the estimated player values with a touch of salt unless the player in question is on the transfer list.

The problem i have with this is why is their value set that low when they are clearly valued higher :\

Just because someones worth £2m doesn't mean the club will sell them for that.

For example, Clichy is worth £8.5million but I won't sell him for less than £30m. Their value is how much they are worth as an individual commodity not how much they are worth to the team or manager.

Also, you have to take into consider that this player will need replacing so they will normally require a large amount of money to do this, or in the case of someone like aguero, he may be considered irreplacable (I know I would) so they will ask for a large amount purely as compensation!!!

Could be wrong but I think the estimated value is based on things like wage and contract length. Which is why player values can drop towards the end of their contract. Which makes sense, difficult to justify a huge transfer fee for a player who'll be going for free very soon :)

I'd take the estimated player values with a touch of salt unless the player in question is on the transfer list.

See this guy gets it.

Just because someones worth £2m doesn't mean the club will sell them for that.

For example, Clichy is worth £8.5million but I won't sell him for less than £30m. Their value is how much they are worth as an individual commodity not how much they are worth to the team or manager.

Also, you have to take into consider that this player will need replacing so they will normally require a large amount of money to do this, or in the case of someone like aguero, he may be considered irreplacable (I know I would) so they will ask for a large amount purely as compensation!!!

I agree completely with this view. I don't think that fees in FM10 are inflated based on what I have seen. You always have to go at the right time to buy a player at a good price, i.e. when he wants to leave or when he is in the last year of his contract. Any other time and the club will command a big fee if he is important to them, unless of course he undermines them by becoming unsettled and demanding a move, kind of like Sagna is doing for me right now asking to move to a "bigger club" (Barcelona). Gallas, surprisingly, doesn't care that Real Madrid are after him.

If anything, the "inflation" of the fees, if you can call it that is actually very realistic.

Cristiano Ronaldo aka The Gelled Tumbler aka The Winker is not worth £80m, no-one in my opinion is actually "worth" more than about £30m, but this is how much Man Utd felt was enough to compensate them for losing a talisman. Real paid this much because he's a marketable player thus it was comercially viable. The same goes for Ribery. He's actually only worth around £25m but Bayern want £60m. It's the way football works, it's a business. Don't get me wrong, I'm not at all slating the game or the fact that it's money driven, it leads to an improvement right down to community level - would there be a David Beckham acadamy if he wasn't preposterously rich? No.

Also, I too don't have any problems getting Gallas to stay, but Sagna wants to move to City - who won't meet MY valuation, even though they've offered double his value - I wont sell him for less than I decide he's worth and I would expect the AI to do the same.

Carry on SI, things are fine as they are.

Archived