Strange Video Card Issue - Half a Star?

In the Settings page of the game - it's reporting to me that I have a 3D Standard of Half a Star.

However - the video card inside of my machine - which I bought this time last year - is an NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS - which has 256Mb of Memory - which according to the specs on here should be good enough to handle the 3D aspect.

Tried to view a match in 3D - but the thing crashed on me - returning to the desktop.

Can anyone help with this - the drivers and DirectX are both up to date (the card itself is DX10 compatible) - just like to know if there is anything I can do?

Ive tried the demo on 2 PC's, both very good specs and they both run the game fine at full settings, yet both only get 1 star!!!

What do you need to get 5??? A NASA pc?? lol

Is there a bug with the rating system???? Seems to rate your pc lower than it should imo

8400 is an awful gfx card. I dont know what kind of scale FM uses but half a star out of five sound about right to me.

On the other hand it should still be more than enough for FMs 3d engine which is very basic.

8400 is an awful gfx card. I dont know what kind of scale FM uses but half a star out of five sound about right to me.

On the other hand it should still be more than enough for FMs 3d engine which is very basic.

Would agree but I suppose it depends on what the in-game rating is looking for. Is it how good the card is on a whole? Or is it how good it is able to run the games graphics. If it's the 2nd one (and it should be), then it's a miss in the in-game rating I think. I too have half a star but the 3D runs smoother than on FM09 even! And like I said in the feedback thread, it's not really anything spectacular and my card Ati X700 may be old and not great but it can certainly run this game without the least bit of problem.

In the Settings page of the game - it's reporting to me that I have a 3D Standard of Half a Star.

However - the video card inside of my machine - which I bought this time last year - is an NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS - which has 256Mb of Memory - which according to the specs on here should be good enough to handle the 3D aspect.

Tried to view a match in 3D - but the thing crashed on me - returning to the desktop.

Can anyone help with this - the drivers and DirectX are both up to date (the card itself is DX10 compatible) - just like to know if there is anything I can do?

Strange. I have the the exact same video card on my machine. Mine was also only rated at half a star, but the 3D matches in FM10 run very smoothly here.

Yeah mine is 1/2 a star also despite 3D running smoothly, updated my drivers but it seemed to mess up my monitor (I use one because my laptop screen is broke) but as long as 3D runs fine I don't care about the rating really as it doesn't really mean much by the looks of it.

I have the exact same graphics card.

Running Windows 7, only got half a star 3d rating!

Could we all make sure that we have the fully latest graphics drivers installed. I had much the same issue with windows 7 and a Geforce 8600 GT, it was coming up as 2* , I downloaded and installed the latest drivers and its now at 4* :)

yep there is defo something wrong with the rateing .. i get 1 star for my Alienware Aurora pc .

the most powerfull pc in the world

Intel? Core? i7 processor 950 (3.06Ghz, 8MB L2 cache, 4.8GT/sec)

9GB 1066MHz (3x1GB + 3x2GB) Tri Channel Memory

1TB (7200rpm) Serial ATA/100 Hard Drive

1.8GB NVIDIA® GeForce™ GTX260 graphics card

£1890 worths ... and 1 star .???? sort it out SI

Archived