Cuts inside/Hugs touchline/Moves into channels

I was under the impression that you could tell players to do these things from the tactics screen?

But is it only possible to tell them to try and learn them as a preferred move?

It's a bit frustrating because i thought this would be a really good feature for wing-play. I don't think it makes sense that it has to be a "preferred move" for them to cut inside or whatever - i am the manager, and i'll tell them what to do thank you very much. If they have the attributes for drifting into the channels, it'll work; otherwise, it probably won't be a very successful instruction. But i should be able to give them that instruction regardless of what they prefer to do.

I was under the impression that you could tell players to do these things from the tactics screen?

But is it only possible to tell them to try and learn them as a preferred move?

It's a bit frustrating because i thought this would be a really good feature for wing-play. I don't think it makes sense that it has to be a "preferred move" for them to cut inside or whatever - i am the manager, and i'll tell them what to do thank you very much. If they have the attributes for drifting into the channels, it'll work; otherwise, it probably won't be a very successful instruction. But i should be able to give them that instruction regardless of what they prefer to do.

You can set these from the tactics screen,

If you choose your player, click the advanced button up near the top right, and it is about 2/3 of the way down the list, Called wide play

Aha, that is what i was wondering. Whether it was just me being blind or something.

Why is this feature not available on the classic tactics mode though?

I'd imagine that if it isn't available there, it's because this effect can be achieved by tweaking the old sliders. In the new tactics mode you can set it and it'll take care of sliders, go back to classic and you just have to stumble across how to get people cutting in I guess?

Archived