Strawberry Demo for Mac not working

Hello everybody,

I've just downloaded the Strawberry Demo for Mac of FM 2010, but it don't install anything.

The file I downloaded by BitTorrent is named "Setup FM2010 Demo.app", and I double-clicked it but nothing seems to happen.

Anyone can help me?

Thank you in advance.

Same prob for me, I think it's because with SIs installer it's not allowing the prompt from os x for your password when you install things into the apps folder. What I did was install it to a portable HDD and then copy the folder into my applications folder and it'll ask you for your password and that's it, should be working fine!

Apologies for the issues you're having here guys, we're chasing up the mirrors and are looking into the installer problems so should have a solution soon hopefully.

Thanks mate, I'm trying to download via a 'mirror' now, to text that version, but its taking ages to download...

• SI Staff
Same prob for me, I think it's because with SIs installer it's not allowing the prompt from os x for your password when you install things into the apps folder. What I did was install it to a portable HDD and then copy the folder into my applications folder and it'll ask you for your password and that's it, should be working fine!

Could anybody who is unable to get the installer working attempt this and let me know if it works for you please, it looks to be a permissions issue as Donkeywong alludes to

Could anybody who is unable to get the installer working attempt this and let me know if it works for you please, it looks to be a permissions issue as Donkeywong alludes to

I don't have a portable HD drive though :confused:

• SI Staff

Glad you've got it working Steve, apologies again for the trouble, enjoy the game :)

Any other users who are having this issue if you are unable to try using an external HD can you tell me if you are using an admin account on your machine?

Hello everybody,

I've just downloaded the Strawberry Demo for Mac of FM 2010, but it don't install anything.

The file I downloaded by BitTorrent is named "Setup FM2010 Demo.app", and I double-clicked it but nothing seems to happen.

Anyone can help me?

Thank you in advance.

Are you running Leopard? I had the same problem when trying to install FM2009 on Tiger.

• SI Staff
I've installed it on my macbook, and it runs absolutely perfectly.

Only problem is every now and then the game crashes during a match.

My specs are 2.13GHZ 4GB Ram and GeForce 9400M

If you have any save games which are crashing please let us know and we'll get them looked at

I've downloaded the demo and installed it without any problems.

But when i click on the fm icon i get this message "You can't open the application "fm" because it is not supported on this architecture."

I didn't have any problems (apart from the 3D graphics) running the 09 on my mac.

Are my specs just to low or is there any chance of resolving this?

Thanks!

Am currently downloading the strawberry from Torrent. The vanilla worked like a charm yesterday!

One "major" bug though.. Whenever i go from the start screen to preferences and change some settings, then when I press either cancel or confirm it brings me to the credits screen?? pressing the back button in the top left corner takes me back to the main however =)

I'll post my findings on if strawberry installs in a moment

My download worked fine, install worked fine and everything seems good until Matchday (after the team talk) my mac just freezes and i have to manually switch it off. This happened for both the Strawberry and Vanilla ones

Any help would be great

OS X Version 10.5.5

Processor Name: PowerPC G4 (1.2)

Processor Speed: 1.67 GHz

Number Of CPUs: 1

L2 Cache (per CPU): 512 KB

Memory: 2 GB

Bus Speed: 167 MHz

Boot ROM Version: 4.9.1f1

ATI Mobility Radeon 9700:

Chipset Model: ATY,RV360M11

Type: Display

Bus: AGP

VRAM (Total): 128 MB

• SI Staff
My download worked fine, install worked fine and everything seems good until Matchday (after the team talk) my mac just freezes and i have to manually switch it off. This happened for both the Strawberry and Vanilla ones

Any help would be great

Is this happening with every match? What are the specs of your machine please

• SI Staff
I thought as much.

But since 09 worked fine and the specs for 10 wasn't supposed to be higher i was kind of hoping it'd work.

But no chance then huh?

Thanks for your help!

PowerPC was actually not supported last year either so you got lucky there, my old PowerPC mac has been retired now :(

yes Antpocolypsenow, my specs:

Model Name: MacBook

Model Identifier: MacBook1,1

Processor Name: Intel Core Duo

Processor Speed: 2 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache (per processor): 2 MB

Bus Speed: 667 MHz

• SI Staff
yes Antpocolypsenow, my specs:

Model Name: MacBook

Model Identifier: MacBook1,1

Processor Name: Intel Core Duo

Processor Speed: 2 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache (per processor): 2 MB

Bus Speed: 667 MHz

Is the crash happening with every match? What are your graphics card specs as well please :)

Archived