Game wont open

• Administrators

Have you tried running the game without Steam? Have you tried running the game doing the following:

Go to C: Program Files - Steam - Steam Apps - common - Football Manager 2010 Demo

Inside this folder you will find the FM10.exe

Create a shortcut here, and drag it onto your desktop

The game will now work without running steam - make sure Steam is NOT already running when you do this.

You may also want to try and restart your system and try running it again. Let me know, thanks.

looking at your screenshot it looks like you've dragged the actual exe to the desktop rather than making a shortcut.

If you move the exe back to the folder you got it from then double click the shortcut does the game start?

no cause it connect to my steam account and attempts to open the game but i then get the original problem and game doesnt open

• Administrators

As rubbish as this sounds I would try and download the game via another link (such as one of the direct download links) and try installing this. Delete what you've already installed and let us know how you get on. Thanks.

• Administrators

Right you need to delete the game and do an complete manual uninstall - this can be done by doing the following:

To Remove the Game files follow these steps:

Windows XP

1: Open “My Computer”

2: Navigate to “C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive

Windows Vista

1: Click “Start”

2: Click “Computer”

3: Navigate to “C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive

If you have more than one version of the game installed (For example, you have FM2008 and FM2009 installed) and only wish to remove one then go into the Sports Interactive Folder and delete the folder of the game you wish to remove.

Next you need to remove save games and other content:

Windows XP:

1: Open “My Computer”

2: Navigate to “C:\Documents and Settings\<Name>\My Documents”

Vista:

1: Click on “Start”

2: Click on “Computer”

3: Navagate to “C:\Users\<Name>\Documents”

Look for the Sports Interactive Folder and follow the same steps for the game files.

Next remove your Cache files (Follow the steps above)

Finally you will need to edit your registry to remove information Sports Interactive stores there.

To do this follow these steps:

Windows Xp

2: Click on “Run”

3: In the text prompt box type “regedit”

4: Navigate to:

Windows Vista

2: In the Search box type “regedit”

3: Navigate to: “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\

4: Delete the “Sports Interactive Ltd” Folder.

Note: Please do not tamper with anything else in this folder, your registry is very sensitive and changing something could cause your computer to malfunction.

Once all the steps above are complete your computer will be completely uninstalled.

Once this is done, download the demo again from a different source and try again - let us know how you get on. Thanks.

• 1 year later...

Was this ever resolved? I have the same problem for fm11 (full game, not demo) and XP!

Steam launches the game, but it doesn't seem to open. However, Task Manager says that fm.exe is running, but I can't see or interact with it.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling (both Steam and FM11), checking my graphics drivers for updates etc.

Any ideas as to what could be the problem and how to fix it? Thanks!

SORTED - IT WAS A NETBOOK RESOLUTION PROBLEM DESCRIBED HERE: http://bit.ly/cD2leL

Archived