Demo exe won't open?!

I've just spent 4 hours downloading the demo, it finally finishes, being just under a GB.

I saved to to my desktop, but when I try to open it, nothing happens!

It gets highlighted and everything, but then nothing happens, except that I then can't open anything else on my desktop either! :eek:

Any advice?

Cheers,

Joe

I'm having the same problem.

I'm on XP and the strawberry demo downloaded fine from the USA mirror (Worthplaying PC link).

When you open the exe I get a warning that it can't verify the publisher and then freezes everything when you run it.

The size of the file matches what Neil posted in the demo links thread and I checked it for viruses prior to opening.

I'm on XP and the strawberry demo downloaded fine from the USA mirror (Worthplaying PC link).

When you open the exe I get a warning that it can't verify the publisher and then freezes everything when you run it.

The size of the file matches what Neil posted in the demo links thread and I checked it for viruses prior to opening.

I'm in exactly the same boat here - HELP!

Ok, I've got mine working now.

I disabled my virus scanner (Kapersky) then ran it again.

After around 5/6 minutes the install anywhere preparation window came up and slowly made its way to 100%.

After that the installation ran fine but the whole process was extremely slow taking nearly 30 minutes to complete.

Ok, I've got mine working now.

I disabled my virus scanner (Kapersky) then ran it again.

After around 5/6 minutes the install anywhere preparation window came up and slowly made its way to 100%.

After that the installation ran fine but the whole process was extremely slow taking nearly 30 minutes to complete.

OK, patience is a virtue! but one I don't have when it comes to alll things FM - espicially on release day!

But... after 10 mins of inactivity and running it as admin and compatability mode it finally popped up - cue scenes of jubilation resulting in me waking up my girlfriend, which will now result in a day of the cold shoulder. Perfect- i will be completely ignored and can enjoy FM2010 in peace!

Thank you SI - I truly love you all xx

Archived