News

Don't mean to keep being negative, but 'News' is worse than ever I'm sorry to say - and this is an important thing to career gamers

Why am I being told that Liverpool have earned 522k for winning a Champions League match, or that some obscure coach wants a job somewhere

Yeah I know you can turn this off in subscriptions, but then you risk losing the news you do want

The problem with news in the first place was that when it got removed from 'inbox' like it used to be in FM07, you became detached from the world you was playing in, what managers had moved where, what players had moved etc. - unless you manually clicked on th news button which you would have to do all the time to stay in the know

The thing is its exactly the same as it used to be (if not worse, because despite the larger screen space it displays less news overall than it used to by only showing 6 headlines at the bottom and a couple on the right when it used to have about 20 at the bottom) and now I'm getting loads of useless info that I don't care about but can't turn off because it comes under the same category of news i do want

Also, there isn't an "unread" amount thing like there is on inbox which would have made it alright, just a notification you haven't checked it as there used to be (but seeing as there will be news every day in the game it doesnt really make a difference)

• Administrators

Thanks for the feedback regarding this, I agree in some aspects, obviously in an ideal world you could be more specific with what you receive and what you don't - however it's very difficult to suggest exactly what some people would find interesting or not. But saying that, you go onto a football news website, you don't read every single news story and article - you can be just as selective here with the news items.

Archived