3d engine not working on my mac

guys,

quick question- the 3d engine never worked on fm09 for me which was fine. i wasn't expecting it to work on 2010 either. However I noticed that there is now a system 3d rating in preferences (may have been there in 09, just have never noticed). anyway, i have 5 stars in the 2010 demo, so doesn't this mean the 3d should work for me now?

I have a 10.4.11 1.83 Hgz Core 2 Duo, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

my graphic card is a GMA 950 with 64 MB of VRAM

hope this is enough info

thanks for any help or suggestions

• SI Staff

Are you using a Mac as well silky1013? The jerkiness might be sorted if you quit the game, delete the 'Sports Interactive' folder in User > Library > Caches and then try again. You might have to stick with the Low graphical settings as well depending on specs

Are you using a Mac as well silky1013? The jerkiness might be sorted if you quit the game, delete the 'Sports Interactive' folder in User > Library > Caches and then try again. You might have to stick with the Low graphical settings as well depending on specs

Yeah. I'm on a mac. I'll try that!

• SI Staff
thanks for your help!! will just have to buy a new mac! just outta interest- if i was wanting to buy a new mac and wanted to make sure it'd be tip top for fm- where would i find the minimum specs?

thanks again

Here is the specs thread: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=153211

Any brand new Mac will be comfortably within specs, got a brand new one myself recently and the game looks great on it :)

One thing which I noticed when testing the demo on mac was that the jerkiness was massively improved when I changed from full screen to windowed mode during a match. From that moment all my games ran very smoothly on medium wheras before they were jerky on low.

• SI Staff
Cheers Robbie. I'm playing on windows mode and on low and its still jerky. Playing on classic 2d though and still enjoying it! if 256 is the min spec what are my options?

If it's too jerky for you to play with then I guess you'll have to stick with 2D or get an upgrade

They already noted this wouldn't happen until the first patch at the earliest when they announced it was a feature. The coding is quite different for the Mac apparently, and would've taken too long. It was either Windows only or neither for the time being. It'll come, don't worry.

Archived