2D OR 3D Match engine?

2D Or 3D Match Engine?  

168 members have voted

1. 1. 2D Or 3D Match Engine?

• 2D
    • 3D

Having played my first 3D match just now, i can safely answer: 3D.

It's a hell of a lot better in my opinion. It really adds to the immersion and realism of the game.

I think the 'Elevated' view is the best though as it retains some height so you're looking down on your players more, which makes it easier to analyse the game like that. Some of the other views i'm not very keen on.

Oh, and 3D runs beautifully for me. Well i should hope so after i bought a new computer last month.

i think 2D is better for manager wise and 3D is better for more details and more exciting goals and passing movment ect

for me i like 2D it shows you the whole pitch there positioning ect and helps you more to review performances

hey just something i would like to know ive been wondering, are the 2D and 3D match engine both the same as in game play.. like does one give you more of a realistic performance than the other or do they both act the same but just in a different view?

sorry if its been answered before but the amount of threads that get made looking at this time would be crazy lol

hey just something i would like to know ive been wondering, are the 2D and 3D match engine both the same as in game play.. like does one give you more of a realistic performance than the other or do they both act the same but just in a different view?

sorry if its been answered before but the amount of threads that get made looking at this time would be crazy lol

2D and 3D are exactlly same just they obviousley look diffrent :D but the games play the same :thup:

2D and 3D are exactlly same just they obviousley look diffrent :D but the games play the same :thup:

ok thanks i thought so but i wasnt sure so i thought i would check :) thanks for the reply, loving the game tbh very nice and im watching the games in 3D for once i never did it with 09.

ROLL ON WHEN I GET THE GAME FOR REAL!!!!

I don't think I could go back to 2d now, just cause 3d gives you more information about what's happening in the game. Like in 2d, if a player slide tackles someone (I think) it just shows up as a dot that kind of jerks in one direction. In 3d you can actually see what's going on. And in 2d it's really hard to tell what's happening when shots get deflected, it just looks like pinball or something :|

Don't wish to be controversial but technically speaking the 3D engine is actually 2D as it cannot allow the user to function using full 360 degree controls. In order to be a full 3D engine the user must be able to view the action from any angle.

Anyway I prefer 2D

I have always played 2D and I loved it in FM09 to the point that I never used the 3D match Engine. But in FM10 I'd be lying if I said I even tried the 2D after watching the 3D. It's soooo much realistic with the fans added it is a HUGE bonus.

Archived