Selling player problem - FM10

I sold robbie keane to sunderland for £12 million in order to raise finances.

With my % of transfer revenue made available at 60% i would expect to be able to spend £7.2 million. Yet this transfer only gave me an extra £3 million to spend!

Is it because the payment is made over 48 months or something? If so that is very annoying as on FM10 it seems like EVERY single transfer by the AI is done over 48 months!

Anyone else experiencing this?

Of course it should be noted that all cash up front deals are very rare these days - most spread the cost over the course of the contract.

So for instance Southampton would do several installments of hobnob biscuits. Crumb by crumb even (didn't Miles outline the radical new biscuit based transfer system? Three bourbons to the hobnob).

Everytime I try to offload a player, I get nothing but 48 month long payments, with nothing up front. It's quite frustrating when trying to raise funds.

It's funny, however, if I try to sign a player, the club usually want an unrealistic (in my opinion) fee.

While it is realistic that transfers be spread over a year or two...your transfer funds would go up as well...because the board will know the money is coming in over the next 24 months...allowing you to make similar deals with that money. It is unrealistic to sell a player for 12mil over 24months...then not be able to spend that money until it has all be collected...IRL if a club knows the money is coming in...they spend what they have knowing they are getting more...or get a bank loan to spend, then pay off the bank loan as the money is paid from the other club.

Depends one the club. Any money you are due in the first 12 months should be (if it works the same as 09) added to you budget, which IMO is the way it should work as the clubs tend to decide your budget over a season.

While it is realistic that transfers be spread over a year or two...your transfer funds would go up as well...because the board will know the money is coming in over the next 24 months...allowing you to make similar deals with that money. It is unrealistic to sell a player for 12mil over 24months...then not be able to spend that money until it has all be collected...IRL if a club knows the money is coming in...they spend what they have knowing they are getting more...or get a bank loan to spend, then pay off the bank loan as the money is paid from the other club.

Aye, in the game the board know that the money is coming in so allow you to buy players spread over the same amount of time or longer (depending on the transfer fee obviously).

For example if you can retain 100% of the transfer fee to spend on players and accept a bid of £10m over 18 months you can then more than likely make a bid of £10m over 18, 24, 36... months for a player and have the money to cover it

Archived