Yes or No- Your verdict on FM 10

What do you think of the new game?  

404 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new game?

• Major improvement
    • Pretty good
    • Same old same old
    • A step in the wrong direction
    • where is my FM 09 cd?

I know there is an "official" feedback thread regarding the demo and the new game.

What I want ot estbalish here, is a simple survey regarding what you think of the game. Just to see how many of you like it, and how many do not.

Feel free to add additional input on why you voted the way you did.

Nothing short of a major improvement in my eyes. I liked 09 quite a lot, but there was many rough edges that left me feeling disappointed because it had so much wasted potential. I feel FM10 fulfils much of that potential and the emphasis on "polish" has done wonders.

Voted for "Major Improvement". Seeing as I'm still playing fm08, I suppose that was to be expected, but nevertheless... The interface is much better, easier to navigate around. The backroom advice is good, and, now I've figured it out, I like the "new" 3d match views... All in all, looks a vast improvement, although i suppose the real proof will be in long-term games, but its certainly an encouraging start! :thup:

amazing is the way to describe this game compared to last years fiasco

i'm literally blown away and this is only the demo i know it's gotta end soon :(

i'm 13 games in and loving it, everything has improved, the signings of players is much more exciting with teh added press conference thing

i love it!!!!!!!

i don't wanna go to work at 7am now :(

i was a bit confused with the interface at first but i can now honestly say once you spend some time on it, it's alot more easy on the user than the older version

Personally i didnt like it, despite no problems with playing games on my computer in the past the 3d match views are jumpy for me and i have already seen lots of cases where players have the wrong skin colour. The past two reasons combined have seen me switch to 2d match view. For me the new layout and skins just dont feel right and stupidly they are preventing me getting into a game (i keep playing about a week then starting a new game).

I dont know if there is any thing else wrong but today the demo just isnt enjoyable at all to me. (Hopefully it is just something wrong today as i was looking forward to this game)

I'm extremely impressed. Every year it takes me a while to get into the new edition and I rarely play the demo for more than messing around with new features. But FM10 has drawn me in instantly. It is pretty much everything I loved about FM09 but with all the little tweaks I wanted to make it so much better. Obviously the full version of the game and more intensive hours of gameplay will bring greater scrutiny, but it is shaping up to be the best out of the box FM ever.

I liked it very much, especially the tactics editor, because it can create a real team philosophy, and player roles were accurate, for example Deep Lying Playmaker, Box to Box Midfielder etc, and i was getting annoyed with the sliders. The interface is really cool, especially the Dark skin. I also loved Touchline Instructions, as they can really change the outcome of matches, and it feels more real. Don't know what to say about other aspects of the demo, as i didn't play long enough. But I think this is a major improvement and I cannot wait for the full game. ROCK ON SI, you just made me love the game again!!!!!!

I'm absolutely loving it..just one question....

Will the full game run as smoothly as the Demo?

If the answer is yes than a 10/10 from me

Aye it will. It's a Gold demo which means that this is the boxed version, just restricted to 6 months :)

What's 'under the bonnet' is clearly an improvement. Lots of small things that i'm happy with.

But the Interface makes me feel like the game isn't as serious as the previous versions. It feels like a website made in Flash and i've found myself clicking continue even before i've changed things i know i should.

Will probably look to change the skin if i can in the full version.

What's 'under the bonnet' is clearly an improvement. Lots of small things that i'm happy with.

But the Interface makes me feel like the game isn't as serious as the previous versions. It feels like a website made in Flash and i've found myself clicking continue even before i've changed things i know i should.

Will probably look to change the skin if i can in the full version.

How do you change the skin? :D

Demo is fantastic. My team is playing just how i want them too and the shouts allow you to on the fly tactical changes in 10 seconds rather than ten minutes. The entire game has been amazing so far. If the any bit of effort has been made to improve long term saves and if the ridiculous co-ownership deals that made the Italian leagues unplayable last year are well and truly gone then this is definitely the greatest management game of all time

My first thoughts are: a lot of change has gone on, but i'm not quite sure for what reason. But that could simply be that i'm a little confused getting used to the new interface.

I can't honestly give an impression this early though.

One word.. SLICK :)

Best bits

1) Sending players to the Ressies when injured until fit: This has returned :)

2) Touchline/Tactics

3) Stadiums

4) Tactics screen (Although still trying to get use to it)

5) Press conference for new players

6) Love You SIGames

7) The arranging of Friendlies..MUCH IMPROVED :))

I hate you all. I have work in 6 hours, and simply cannot allow myself to even install the demo until tomorrow night, otherwise I'll just stay up playing it til i have to go to work. Then I'll fall asleep at the wheel causing untold carnage and possibly the loss of lives!

That said, I'm keen to check out the new editor.

Major improvement for me, Last years FM was an highly frustrating game for me with the bugs before it was patched up(Reminded me alot of CM4 which frustrated me alot).

I did i play the game alot convincing myself it will get better, But it rarely did maybe for about a season and a half. So i always found myself starting another new game convincing myself that this time it would be different, But with my fullbacks unable to defend and my wingers unable to beat their man and the 3d match being very basic i got frustrated down the line again. That and plus the slow processing speeds on Sundays and Wednesdays especially when the reserves are playing it takes ages just to get from 7am to 12pm.

FM 09 is my least favourite Fm i never really enjoyed playing the game but i know each to their own. I know alot of people liked FM 09.

But this years FM is like a breath of fresh air :) The 3d match is no longer frustrating to watch, There are fans in the stands which celebrate when you score, Real fixtures, plenty more match animations, Plenty more helpful assistant reports. The processing of the game seems much faster. Everything is smoother and exactly what they said 'polished'. Bit weird not having the side menu there and getting used to where all the tabs are, But in time i will get used to the new tab system.

I really am loving the demo and hope the Full game is exactly the same. :D

My mistake, long shots arnt so bad, i had a couple of players on long shots and high CF. Hard getting round these tactics at first.

However i still cant get messi to play like messi, why is it a 433 only when you have three strikers and why cant we get fabs and xavi to provid lthal through balls.

Archived