annoying "bug" on match engine

That thing from 9.2 where the striker would miss about 5 one-on-ones a match after breaking past the defence is back i think :(

Scoring 5 goals in a match is very unlikely though, unless the teams are massively mismatched, yes?

thats why I said it in quotation marks, I dunno what else to call it but its not realistic.. I'm not just talking about from my team either, I mean both sides - its the same problem from 9.2

Yeahyeah this is't a bug anymore honestly must be a mix of bad look and poor finishing are you in pre-season ?

not pre-season, i'm about 5 games into premier league and it seems to happen in every match, when i came up against Man U and Pool they had same "problem" against me too.. i'll just keep playinga nd see how it goes though, might be a coincidence.. apart from that the match engine is the best ever (and I lol'd hard at the Rory Delap long throw-in, amazing little detail)

Can anyone really believe a bug like this will have been missed with the thousands of beta testers this year? It's obviously something in settings/tactics/the OP's imagination. I've played several games as Chelski and have only had problems with Drogba, but that's probably because I haven't figured out how to use him (high ratings as target man but 3 goals in 12 matches). I'll figure it out though.

To the OP, hate to sound like I'm having a go - so how about posting an outline of your tactics including your striker settings and who they are? Maybe I or someone else can help.

Or better still, maybe start a thread / do a search in the tactics forum and see if others are having the same problem or overcome it?

nugent who i have set as a poacher cant stop scoring one on one is his fortee

have played 8 games won only 1 but i tell you what for a first look what a improvment good good game si

well nugent prob wont score 5 one on ones a match. but you do get the odd superstar at the very top of his game scoring ridiculous amounts of goals a season, for example, say 100 goals in a season, it happens sometimes, but if nugent scored at every opportunity it wouldnt be realistic.

Come on community. Yeahyeah, posted something he was experiencing and you all start telling him he is wrong; at least hear him out.

Yeahyeah: Give it a go over the 6 months with different players. I don't care what anyone says, if a player is continually (I know he isn't continually missing them yet) missing 5 'clear cut chances' then there is a problem.

Come on community. Yeahyeah, posted something he was experiencing and you all start telling him he is wrong; at least hear him out.

Yeahyeah: Give it a go over the 6 months with different players. I don't care what anyone says, if a player is continually (I know he isn't continually missing them yet) missing 5 'clear cut chances' then there is a problem.

yeah true, but it could be a combination of things... which is why it would be nice to know the player concerned?

I said its not just my team, its all teams - players on my team so far - tevez, petrov, adebayor, robinho all missing CCC's, as well as torres + kuyt for liverpool, rooney + berba for Man U iirc, 3-5 times it happens every match ive played

just had a match now against Man U again in League Cup, they had 2 ccc's and i had 3, they won 2-0 (not complaining about result, just the same thing again)

Its just something i'm picking up on, isnt anyone else? Maybe you will after some more games, i'm into about October on mine now

I said its not just my team, its all teams - players on my team so far - tevez, petrov, adebayor, robinho all missing CCC's, as well as torres + kuyt for liverpool, rooney + berba for Man U iirc, 3-5 times it happens every match ive played

liar.

liar liar pants on fire.

i have 2 times paul barnes and robert tylor both irl both nugent is doing ok with one on ones and yes he aint scoring them all

When did Barney score 5? Seen him score 4 before.

On the one-on-one thing, can I ask the OP to look up the real-life conversion rate of one-on-ones. It's a lot lower than he thinks (25-35%)

• Administrators

If you think you've found a bug, please post it in this forum - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=157

Also it may help if you provide PKM examples of your player missing numerous chances you think he should score, that way we can look into the issue. Thanks.

Archived