A Steam Question

You will have to download it again I believe. You will also need to manually transfer your save if you plan to play that - as I don't think Steam hosts

them.

I havnt started a game yet, still downloading. Ah thats **** news, at home I only have mobile broadband, nopoint even attempting to download it with that, god knows how much of my usage it will eat up.

my question is different... if i have downloaded the demo on steam(85% atm) will i be able to transfer the install files to a usb/portable hard-drive so i can install it on my other pc? Or do i have to download again either by the other direct download links or steam...

E.G. If i had downloaded the demo first from mirrorfootball i would have been able to move the install file to another comp so i can install it on there too. would steam work in the same way?

Ive downloaded the demo through my Steam account at my girlfriends house, when I go home and log into my Steam account on my laptop will the game be there to play as ive already downloaded it.

Ive just logged into my Steam account at home and the demo I downloaded yesterday on another laptop isnt there, really dissapointed as I thought that that was the whole point of Steam, or am I totally missing the point here?

Ive just logged into my Steam account at home and the demo I downloaded yesterday on another laptop isnt there, really dissapointed as I thought that that was the whole point of Steam, or am I totally missing the point here?

Yes you are. Why would a game you downloaded onto one computers hard drive appear on another computer? The game has to exist on your computer for you to play it. When you download a movie on another laptop does it appear on your other computer? No.

You can copy the "football manager 2010 demo" from the Steam Apps/Common folder onto a USB key and transfer it to any other PC then log in your Steam account start the download and it will check the files are there (takes 5 mins) and you are able to run it on another PC.

Did this from my main PC to laptop last night took 10 mins :)

Edit: you will need to have Steam installed on any other PC you transfer it to and your Steam account logged in. You can set it to operate offline which means you dont need an internet connection.

Archived