Processor or Ram

now i want an I7. this is hard work picking pc components there is to much to choose. when i talk to the shop owners they laugh when i say i want it for FM. i do some statistical work crunching numbers but just want FM to flow :-)

All depends on the budget mate, I spent nearly £2000, main game i play is FM ....... at least now i know its running as fast as possible.

4Gb ram is optimal tbh for fm... but depends what else you use the pc for..

im also in the market for a new pc and for once im looking at a pre built pc rather then build my own... tired of building and fiddling..

seems the best dual cores are better then the mediocre quads out there tbh so might stick with dual core...

although.. for the price.. this build seems a bargain.. any thoughts?

clicky

i normally buy branded pc's but then struggle when it comes to updating. i am looking at a new case 1024mb graphics. 750gb hard drive Q9550 quad chip and a new motherboard. coming in at £454 including chip cooler and power supply. i already have optical drives and 4gb of ram. taking it to 8gb of ram would be an extra £110 which i dont think will make any difference.

the one you posted looks good but i would like to build my own as a litle learning curve for me

4Gb ram is optimal tbh for fm... but depends what else you use the pc for..

im also in the market for a new pc and for once im looking at a pre built pc rather then build my own... tired of building and fiddling..

seems the best dual cores are better then the mediocre quads out there tbh so might stick with dual core...

although.. for the price.. this build seems a bargain.. any thoughts?

clicky

that config is a joke, AsRock mobo ... cheap crap, too cheap to put Quad there ...

CL 6.0 RAM !!! WTF it is a crap, cas 6 ram and you call it a Gaming PC ...

that branded PSU is soo famous that it doesn't worth naming ...

Q8200 is crap cpu, too little cache, I'd name that cpu as Quad-Core Celeron ...

that config is a joke, AsRock mobo ... cheap crap, too cheap to put Quad there ...

CL 6.0 RAM !!! WTF it is a crap, cas 6 ram and you call it a Gaming PC ...

that branded PSU is soo famous that it doesn't worth naming ...

Q8200 is crap cpu, too little cache, I'd name that cpu as Quad-Core Celeron ...

wow.. you say "you call it a gaming pc" as if its me ...

tbh.. for less then £500 im not sure if i could find a better pre built system... if you can , it would be much appreciated as ive searched around and cant find diddly

if you want the best performance you could buy, then definately go for i7. the older 1366 i7s are more expensive, but the newer 1166 i7 systems are slightly cheaper as the mobos arent as expensive and neither is the RAM (less of it).

if youre on a budget but still want an amazing performance, go for core i5, its basically just i7 without the hyper threading.

else amd systems can be good value for money..

that prebuilt system on ebay is too out of date to be considered a bargain i guess.

i would recommend building a system yourself, that way you can choose your components, and compromise - ie do you really need that cpu or would the money be better spend on a better gpu? etc. its not really too difficult, its kinda like a really expensive jigsaw :D

also, id say now was the time to opt for quad cores rather than dual cores, as youll find more and more programs are utilising the extra cores, and the price different is quite small.

end computer gibberish rant :)

Archived