Downloading by Torrent - PLEASE SEED

Hi guys,

Since SI has made the demo for download via torrent i think it is only right that people seed as much as possible so that users do not need to wait for hours on end!

At the moment there is:

Seeders - 24 i am connected to 1

Peers - 1640+ i am connected to 49

I am currently downloading with Virgin 10MB/s Broadband and do not get a speed higher than 180kb/s

This is simply poor and if this is the speed i am getting with cable broadband i feel sorry for users using ADSL!

All i am asking is the people who downloaded the torrent to do the following:

1. DO NOT remove the torrent file from your download list on your torrent software.

2. Set your upload speed to greater than 10kb/s

I am not asking you to do this forever but if everyone does this then the overall speeds will be far greater for everyone.

This is a community - lets unite and act like a community - share!

Edit: I promise to seed after my download has completed. I will set my upload speed to unlimited for a maximum of 5 days.

I'm not even getting any download speed at all I have been at 0kbs for about 30-40 mins :(.

It sounds like you have a problem with your software. Not the torrent.

Make sure you are using an 'open' port to connect on your torrent software, if your port is closed it can slow down your downloads dramtically or stop them completely.

What are you using? I recommend utorrent! Its the fastest and uses less cpu.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hopefully this post helps everyone to get faster speeds and that fellow gamers/users unite to help everyone play sooner rather than later.

Thank you,

nova.

P.s. My first name is not Nacho and his second name is Novo not nova! I am also a Celtic Supporter so i would kindly shoot myself if i was called Nacho Novo :) lol

Al ISP's throttle P2P applications during peak time's. Peak time is now. :thup:

That i forgot!

Needless to say tho, still needs seeders one way or another. During peak times you should still be able to hit 300kb/s at least. I am between 50kb/s - 230kb/s on and off.

It is always important to seed.

It sounds like you have a problem with your software. Not the torrent.

Make sure you are using an 'open' port to connect on your torrent software, if your port is closed it can slow down your downloads dramtically or stop them completely.

What are you using? I recommend utorrent! Its the fastest and uses less cpu.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hopefully this post helps everyone to get faster speeds and that fellow gamers/users unite to help everyone play sooner rather than later.

Thank you,

nova.

P.s. My first name is not Nacho and his second name is Novo not nova! I am also a Celtic Supporter so i would kindly shoot myself if i was called Nacho Novo :) lol

I'm switching to Steam, my bittorrent client has always been a little slow on the uptake.

I just had 200KB/s for 1 minute, then back to 50KB/s

I am downloading on steam aswell now.

Steam - 37% and downloading at 1.2MB/s - Took 6 minutes so far.

Torrent - 38.9% and downloading at 67kb/s - Took about 1 hour so far.

Guess what is faster - steam - even in peak times.

Don't worry tho, i will not abandon the torrent download, i will complete it and leave my upload on unlimited as promised - although i will play it through steam when complete.

That i forgot!

Needless to say tho, still needs seeders one way or another. During peak times you should still be able to hit 300kb/s at least. I am between 50kb/s - 230kb/s on and off.

It is always important to seed.

I've got if off Steam, but I'm doing the torrent with max upload to help others. That said, the level of seeds is appalling. If everyone simply leeches the torrent will simply take ages.:thdn:

I've got if off Steam, but I'm doing the torrent with max upload to help others. That said, the level of seeds is appalling. If everyone simply leeches the torrent will simply take ages.:thdn:

Aye, I'm glad I signed up to Steam tonight or I would still be waiting to play. I would always seed if my download speed was better than 0/1 kbs :)

Seeds means that they are uploading the data again for other peers to use. The peers are the people like yourself wanting to download the game. The numbers in brackets means who has used this I think. I not sure I have got that correct.

Archived