FM2010 Demo d3dx9_41.dll not found

When I try to install direct x 10 an error box comes up and says:

A cabinet file neccessary for installation cannot be trusted. Please verify the cryptographic services are enabled and the cabinet file certificate is valid.

Hmmm...

Me too. Can anyone help here?

When I try to install direct x 10 an error box comes up and says:

A cabinet file neccessary for installation cannot be trusted. Please verify the cryptographic services are enabled and the cabinet file certificate is valid.

Hmmm...

Have a read through these threads here...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/microsoft-support/windows-xp-support/82112-i-need-directx-9-0c-but-i-cant-install.html

http://www.theeldergeek.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=27064

am getting the exact same error message when trying to run fm2010 demo. when i try to download the direct x that comes with the demo it says "setup could not download the file. please retry later or check network connection"

have no problems with my connection so why is this happening???

please help me cause think i am gonna kill somebody if i cant play the demo soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Same as the post above:

I can't install Direct X 10 either, it fails during the process and when I try to run the game I get the message in the topic title.

Im on Windows XP. The links to the microsoft site dont work either, IE and firefox crash when I click on download directx 10?

Same with version 9, the browser crashes and says IE/Firefox is unable to load this page.

Going back to the demo folder, double clicking the Directx setup just leads me to "setup could not download the file. please retry later or check network connection" again. My network connection is absolutely fine, so i've no idea what to do next.

I've had Directx 9 and I do not want to update it to Directx 10 under Windows XP so I updated it to the latest Directx 9 they have at Microsoft website and it made the trick for me. Link:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3

edit: AFAIK Direcx 10 was never intended for Windows XP so even if you could install it under XP, I would strongly advise against it. XP users would better try to update their Directx 9.0c

Hello people im having this problem to, I have Dx10, but it says the aforementioned file is missing. To be honust im a bit scared to download the file in case it knacks my computer, I only bought it last week. Is it ok to replace or add directx files without crashing me new computer. Typical been waiting ages for this demo and the thing wont work.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanx

Archived