Blogging advice for Miles

Today Miles asked advice on what to blog in the next blogs.

So, I have one advice. Miles and many other beta testers mentioned that match engine improvement comparing to FM 09 is really great, but I couldn't find what exactly has changed. I think it would be interesting to find out what situations of match engine has changed and the reason why it happened. :)

Definately a very good suggestion for 1 of the blogs... or possibly even 2 or 3? you could do one on each section...

like:

1. set-pieces

2. Defensive play

3. Attacking play

essentially there could be more :rolleyes: but these are simply suggestions

Nice idea. I like it.

Of course I don't expect all the list of bugs, but at least some of them would be interesting to know about.

I only started playing FM with FM09, and there are probably a lot of others like me who would benefit from some glimpses into other general facets of the development process:

- how does the international network of player/team researchers work to develop player stats, team info, league rules... sounds like a hugely complicated process organizationally

- similarly, how is the network of beta testers organized. how are they selected, what kind of reports do they generate, bug reporting process, etc

- how are licenses negotiated? No doubt there are some confidentiality issues, but can we hear more about how some licenses get into the game, and others (sadly) do not

- more insight into the process of how features/changes are put forward and decided upon. how many come from community, how many from the team, how they are chosen to be included in the next version, or not

Nice idea. I like it.

Of course I don't expect all the list of bugs, but at least some of them would be interesting to know about.

Well actually; when a patch is released a full list of fixed bugs is handed out as well.

So this list exists.

Miles could post the complete fixlist from FM9.0.3 (or is it 9.3.0?) to FM10 and then pick out the 5 most relevant ones in regard to gameplay.

One more thing I would like to know is the added animations to the game view. Miles wrote that this year there are more than 100 new animations, but from the game video's I didn't see so much. I saw rain, goal net, which I really like, I saw the fans, but I didn't mentioned any new players animation. :(

Probably because SI want to keep it a secret from their competitors.

hope this helps the impatient ones a little :D

I read a belgian article today about FM10 (preview).

http://tasta.be/beta/impressies/football-manager-2010-2

translation of the part about Analysis:

Analysing is something every real-world manager does. Football manager 2010 now helps you by pointing out excactly which passes, crosses, shots etc were completed and which weren't and which ones were intercepted. Everything is very well presented and you can view a replay of every action of every player. For the hardcore managers amongst us this is problably the best new feature of Football manager 2010.

Note:

the previewer has put down all the new features (newscentre, tactical wizard, personalised screens, touchline instructions and the analysing tool) as "loved".

No "hated" ones....

looks great to be honest...

Archived