Primera B Nacional Argentina - League confusion

As the title suggests I am confused. I have done a little trawling on the net without success.

Wikipedia Link here: Wikipedia Link

Basically I complete one season with Club Atlético San Martín de Tucumán. Where the league season is split into two halves. Where I finished in 3rd place in the first half of the season then in the second half I finished 10th out a league of 20 teams. As there appears to be a break for now reason where the players don't go on holiday.

Bear with me, where I am confused is that Club Atlético San Martín de Tucumán had to play over x2 legs against another team to avoid relegation.

Sorry if I am not making sense, as the board fans were disapointed with the teams final position. I one the play-offs against one team. Which left my team 10th at the end I believe at the 2nd part of the season.

Sorry if you loose you, as I completly clueless being for familiar with the English league format. Any pointers or information would be grate. Thanks in advance.

Basically 1st 1/2 of the season finished 3rd then 2nd 1/2 finished 10th that's mid table isn't it?

Its a shame I'm not near my home pc. I am sure the league points were much greater than what I though was the teams at the bottom. You know the bottom 1 or 2 teams that get relagated.

I've read the rules from in the game itself though none are mentioned for relagation play-offs. I have no idea what I am doing at the moment. As in am I on target for "Mid-Table finish"

When one half I finish 3rd, 2nd 1/2 of the league finish 10th. That's mid table finish isn't it :/

Cheers for the reply though.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok I think I have worked it out myself.

Just in case anyone read the thread and was thrown as I was.

I think it just bad translation.

The league itself appears to just one 'normal' season.

I understand that in other leagues in the world some of the them have the league split into two. This is where I was mixed up where you can finish top of the table in the first half and win the league though you can then finish in the different position, in the second part of the league season.

It appears the break is irrelevant, its just a break no matches no one goes on holiday, its just a break maybe the weather is effective it seems cold for Argentina.

Though the media comments are what are causing the confusion beings such as

"They finished at x place in the season"

In the pre-media game odds, pre-hype marlarky.

That's all just appears lost in translation that's all.

Though still confused about the play-offs comments. Meh, I think I've waffled enough.

Tuco is right on. A three-year table is used, wherein teams are ranked based on their points/games played coefficients for the past three years, or in the case of more recently promoted teams, however long they have been in their current division. The bottom two teams in the upper division table are automatically relegated, with the top two from the next division promoted. 17th and 18th in the top division play a two-legged playoff with 4th and 3rd, respectively, in the second division. As Tuco stated, this system was primarily devised to ensure that the top teams aren't relegated, although it barely helped Racing Club, who narrowly escaped in the playoff this season.

Now what I don't understand is this: at the end of this season IRL, San Martin were automatically promoted (finished 1st in the B Nacional three-year table). So unless you're taking charge of them later in the game, their league position in the two years leading up to your taking the job - combined with the results you obtained - should not put you anywhere near relegation playoff position.

If you started the job at the beginning of your career, it probably means there are some data issues that need addressing...

Hope this helps.

Archived